Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 31-Mar-2004, 09:17
Montjuic

Mood: Flying!
Settings Advice

After scouring the post history I can't seem to put a finger on suspension settings. Can anyone offer a good setup for a 2001 748S with Showa front and rear for mainly road and some trackday riding. The book recommends - Front 12 clicks out for compression and 11 clicks out for rebound.

The problem I found was that I couldnt seem to identify position 0 easily as the adjuster seemed to continue after the last click when changing the rebound. Is the first click position 1? I assumed that it was and have now set it to 11 clicks. The front forks unload quickly after braking and I would like to slow this down a little and would like the compression a little softer as it feels quite twitchy over small bumps.

The rear feels ok at the moment but I would have thought by making adjustments at the front that the rear will have to be tweaked as well. I have 1 1/4 turns out for compression and half a turn out for rebound.

Preload on front and rear are as standard.

The obvious resolve is to go somewhere and have the whole thing done, but in the 'learning curve' process would like to have a go to see how the bike is affected by adjustment.

TIA
Old 31-Mar-2004, 09:28
Montjuic

try here jim

http://www.sportrider.com/bikes/146_susp_settings/

joe.
Old 31-Mar-2004, 09:42
Montjuic

Mood: Flying!
Thanks Joe. The chart suggests that there is no setting for front compression damping. Could this list be for US spec. bikes?
Old 31-Mar-2004, 09:48
Montjuic

i think it is jim, i used it on my '99 748 bp and it made a difference. saying that the guy who owned my bike before me had everything as soft as he could get it. i used the settings from that site then made a few adjustments to suit me.

joe.