Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 27-Nov-2009, 12:52
Mille

Whats your 996R pumping out

Just wondered what your 996R,s are pumping out, BHP at the back wheel. Mines pumping out 142BHP.

Any other bidders?
Old 27-Nov-2009, 13:50
Big Twin

not quite 996R but close enough 998s (same engine).
Larger bore (1038cc) and much done to it and around it.
171bhp so far with a misfire around 9,000 rpm.
God knows what it will be when it gets sorted...
See Headchief for the recipee...
Old 27-Nov-2009, 15:28
Mille

Bloody hell. Thats awesome. You got the reliability with all that Horse Power
Old 28-Nov-2009, 09:11
Big Twin

I don't know yet, only done one track day.... and broke down , but problem was not with the engine. Just the RS tank's fuel pump connector rubbing on the engine head bolt and eventually shorting the connection and blowing the fuse. But I only shook up the bike, cannot say that it had a proper run in.... still it was blitzing anything in the straights though, quite scary!
Need to sort out the misfire though. The likely culprit was the shimming of the pick up sensor. Looks like it is OK so not quite sure where to go from here. Probably will change the sensor + put racing HT leads + verify cambelt tension, etc.

The main issue for reliability is detonation and i am running the bike on 97RON with additive. I need to find a cheaper additive because at the moment it is about £1 per litre (on top of the fuel). Fastphil got pretty much the same done to his bike (though without the peripheral set up I have) and got around 160bhp I believe. He ran the bike without any issue for quite a few thousand miles until he put some 95RON.
Apparently it should be quite reliable as the Pistal pistons used are much more bullet proof than the Ducati Corse ones. As long as we stay on top of the detonation...

You should check Chris site at CJS Racing. He is a bit of a reference in the Ducati world for Testastretta head work. My bike is not on there yet but should get on there soon, hopefully together with the 996 SPS/Corse too.