Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 12-Aug-2005, 02:42
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: Ducati 996 1 & only Class C DD Champion and KTM LC8 950 SMR

Mood: It's not big, Its not funny, It's necessary
Hmmm yes I want it Monty, thats why I paid ages ago. I wanted it bad ( lol )
But not sure where I stand if you start changing the day from its orignal spec. I dont just track with any ol tom dick and harry you know.
Seriously I would take the Duke if it was all DSC and dukes only, but Im not gona pay 145 to take my manky Track Gixer with the attitude of dont care if I bin it like half of the non memeber nutters on their track bikes. My duke is my road bike and I try my best not to bin it on trackdays ( yea I'm prepaired it might happen ) but I feel safe with the other DSC members who all have the same respect and most of them that I go on ride outs with.
Hope it picks up soon or a decision made soon.

Craig
Old 12-Aug-2005, 08:36
WSB Hero

Mood: Lurkin'.....
Yep,I want it.
Just got to hold fire with booking at the mo,......
Gutted I had to miss out on Cadwell.
Old 12-Aug-2005, 11:56
DSC Club Member
Ducati in my Blood
Bikes: 1100S Multistrada, 450RT, Gilera Nordwest, Bultaco Frontera, Rickman Metisse-being built!

Mood: Growing old-DISGRACEFULLY!
Quote:
Originally posted by KeefyB
Yep,I want it.
Just got to hold fire with booking at the mo,......
Gutted I had to miss out on Cadwell.

Yes your absence was noticed and your card marked accordingly-seriously though mate, hope you can make it.

I hope to keep the day Dukes only or at least members only-or even members on whatever they like and others only on Dukes, whatever. It may sound as though I am panicking-shades of last year with Rockingham then-but this is the most expensive trackday I have ever booked, it has cost us over £13,500 just to book the track so potentially a BIG loss to the club if it falls flat-BUT-there are still 8 weeks to go so plenty of time-if my nerves can take it............

John
Old 12-Aug-2005, 12:07
Ducati in my Blood
Bikes: 848 Evo Corse SE, Evoluzione 2 ....

Mood: Dementor hunted by Foggy :)
Quote:
Originally posted by Monty
It may sound as though I am panicking-shades of Capt Mainwaring

Old 12-Aug-2005, 12:49
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: 900,900,851,750,750,750, 600,600,450,350,350,250
Quote:
Originally posted by Gbyte666
But not sure where I stand if you start changing the day from its orignal spec. I dont just track with any ol tom dick and harry you know.

Seriously I would take the Duke if it was all DSC and dukes only, but Im not gona pay 145 to take my manky Track Gixer with the attitude of dont care if I bin it like half of the non memeber nutters on their track bikes.

My duke is my road bike and I try my best not to bin it on trackdays ( yea I'm prepaired it might happen ) but I feel safe with the other DSC members who all have the same respect and most of them that I go on ride outs with.
Hope it picks up soon or a decision made soon.

Craig

I think we have to get this over to people who havnt booked (yet).

Last monday at brands there were about 20 people who hadnt ridden brands before - and who had booked the ess day with its extra structure and free xx9 rides.
The novice group was small and looked relaxed, while the 'other' group was also small but much more intense, with several people on dedicated track bikes.

How about having novice, inter and acu groups ?
Would that comfort people who dont want to risk a 'racing-type-incident' upsetting their day ?
Old 12-Aug-2005, 13:00
888 at Last !!!

I'm glad it's at Brands. It's only fair the DSC trackdays tour the country (bit like England International football games). I would like it DSC & Ducati only but would accept DSC member + another bike, if it means the day will go ahead.

It's bad enough being overtaken by everyone as it is but i'm damned if you're gonna overtake me on your yamasukiwhatever 250 two stroke ... again ... this session.
Old 12-Aug-2005, 13:01
MotoGP God

Mood: 749 racebike MGP
Quote:
Originally posted by phil_h
How about having novice, inter and acu groups ?
Would that comfort people who dont want to risk a 'racing-type-incident' upsetting their day ?

I think that's not a bad idea. But, I don't think there are enough people in the club with ACU licenses to fill a group. Also, there are people in the club who are plenty quick enough for the fast group, who don't hold ACU licenses, and shouldn't really be in the inters group.

Perhaps all ACU license holders who book it should go in the fast group for the DSC day? That will prevent sharks from floating around in the inters group or even novice. I think there will still be a variation in pace but the slower people will be on the right line generally and be used to being passed. That would be ok in the fast group IMO.

What does everyone else think?
Old 12-Aug-2005, 16:29
DSC Club Member
Ducati in my Blood
Bikes: 1100S Multistrada, 450RT, Gilera Nordwest, Bultaco Frontera, Rickman Metisse-being built!

Mood: Growing old-DISGRACEFULLY!
Bearing in mind the comments from Cadwell about grouping WJB and myself + of course all the other instructors will be keeping a sharp eye out in the first round of track sessions and then moving people up or down as appropriate. There will be no 'sharks' in with the 'minnows' with no disrespect intended to either group.
This day IS going ahead, it is too late to cancel it now anyway as we would still have to pay for it-I just need lots more people to decide to book it.

John
Old 12-Aug-2005, 16:53
Mille
Bikes: Monster S4R & 749S

Mood: Mellow Yellow
OK, OK, enough pressure already.
Hang the expense, sod the lack of holiday, bu**er putting track miles on the duke, who cares if I'm oop north............................................. .my form is in the post tonight John
See you all there,

Ian

PS: Appreciate it if don't put it through on the card till September.......... you promised
Old 12-Aug-2005, 18:10
MotoGP God
Bikes: 848, M620 DD bike

Mood: waiting...
I promised myself no more long term booking of trackdays due to appalling weather on most of those I have done...