Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue Series Information
Documentation & info to help prospective & current DesmoDue Racers

Old 03-Dec-2009, 15:21
Mille

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisBushell
Needless to say I am well aware of the tracks that you guys would like to race at and the list for discussion includes all of the "bigger" ones other than Donnington for obvious reasons.

I understand Chris, I'll keep my fingers crossed!
Old 03-Dec-2009, 23:18
500SD

Have to say fingers crossed here for Oulton too. Ideally trading Snetterton for Oulton. But tis where it tis

Mark.
Old 04-Dec-2009, 16:51
Mille
Bikes: 916SPS and DD #21

Mood: Optimistic
Quote:
Originally Posted by ells
Have to say fingers crossed here for Oulton too. Ideally trading Snetterton for Oulton. But tis where it tis

Mark.

Noooo trade one of the Mallory's.. Snetterton is on my doorstep'ish
Old 05-Dec-2009, 16:02
DSC Club Member
500SD
Bikes: Badger DD A #50, Multistrada 1200s, Aprilia Tuono 1100rr

Mood: More chilled than a polar bear's d**k
Castle Combe should be a 2 dayer, very long treck for 1 day, great crowds too.

Ditch Pembrey for Oulton too!!!!

It's not the size of the dog in the fight that matters, but the size of the fight in the dog.
Scott #50
Old 05-Dec-2009, 17:30
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by baconmaker72
Castle Combe should be a 2 dayer, very long treck for 1 day, great crowds too.

Ditch Pembrey for Oulton too!!!!

Can say exactly the same about Oulton Park rounds. but never done a 2 dayer there yet, just like Castle Combe Oulton is always on a Saturday making travelling up the A34, M40 and M6 on a Friday afternoon a nightmare

Distance wise
Cadwell, Oulton, Snetterton, Pembrey are all in the region of 160 miles each way, Doningto around 100, Mallory 85, Castle Combe 65, Brands 95.
The nearest is Silverstone at 35 miles

Pembrey is a fraction of the hire costs of Oulton and always a 2 day meeting with a track run practice day on the Friday, so for the traveling can get 3 days of tracktime out of it

Checkout the Desmo Due Paddock on Facebook
Old 05-Dec-2009, 18:08
DSC Club Member
500SD

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by skidlids
Can say exactly the same about Oulton Park rounds. but never done a 2 dayer there yet, just like Castle Combe Oulton is always on a Saturday making travelling up the A34, M40 and M6 on a Friday afternoon a nightmare

Distance wise
Cadwell, Oulton, Snetterton, Pembrey are all in the region of 160 miles each way, Doningto around 100, Mallory 85, Castle Combe 65, Brands 95.
The nearest is Silverstone at 35 miles

Pembrey is a fraction of the hire costs of Oulton and always a 2 day meeting with a track run practice day on the Friday, so for the traveling can get 3 days of tracktime out of it

Agreed, a 2 dayer at Oulton would be great and at least the long drive to Pembrey is rewarded by a possible 3 day jolley, still not sure if the wallet will take it though but will do it if I can.

But isn't the drive to circuits all part of the laugh of DDing? Hmmmmm, sometimes.

It's not the size of the dog in the fight that matters, but the size of the fight in the dog.
Scott #50
Old 05-Dec-2009, 20:22
MotoGP God

Quote:
Originally Posted by baconmaker72
But isn't the drive to circuits all part of the laugh of DDing? Hmmmmm,
sometimes.

I have spent the last 12 years racing myself and did a couple of years as pit crew/ mechanic before that getting up at 4:30 in the morning to make the trip to Lydden so I find the travelling a bit tedious these days.

Spent most of my early years racing with North Glos and that was Pembrey three times a year and the rest were airfelds such as Chivenor, Keevil & Wroughton, then Thruxton crept into the Calendar followed by Darley more.
Many on here would complain at that choice of circuits but we didn't we just got on with the racing, all grids were full and the club grew and prospered to get where it is now. Sharing the grids with us were several Manx GP winners along with a future & current BSS Rider.

Best way to get a good race Calendar is progres to British Championship Classes thn you get a chance to ride at the best circuits the country has to offer.
In the past New Era have had regular meetings at Donington and Silverstone, there's nothing they can do about Donington but if funds and available dates allow they'll be back at Silverstone. They also had 3 Mallory meetings last year but DD only raced at one of them, as for Cadwell its part of DD tradition to race there twice a year, with many using the DSC trackdays as extra practice.

Old 05-Dec-2009, 20:32
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Mood: www.knightroadraceteam.co.uk
Quote:
I
Best way to get a good race Calendar is progres to British Championship Classes thn you get a chance to ride at the best circuits the country has to offer.

or if you cant afford british you could try thundersport as they do race at a good spread of tracks like oulton brands etc as well as the others
Old 05-Dec-2009, 20:51
MotoGP God

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK
or if you cant afford british you could try thundersport as they do race at a good spread of tracks like oulton brands etc as well as the others

Quite right Alan as do NG but my understanding is that grids are already fairly full and if leave is a problem then only having championship racing on one day of a weekend does mean you can often give Saturday a miss and not need to take Fridays off work

Old 05-Dec-2009, 20:58
DSC Club Member
500SD

Quote:

Please don't get me wrong, I'm more than happy to be racing the circuits we do. I speak to people who either only do track days or just road riding and they are in awe that we go to such places to compete. It's my first year on track and to actually be racing at the likes of Donington and Silverstone is amazing for me, even our so called 'lesser' tracks, Anglesea, Castle Combe etc, are a league above your Darley Moores.

I'm glad for financial reasons we don't do BSB or WSB worthy tracks every month but once or twice a year is perfect. We all have a little moan because not all the tracks suit us but as long as enough of us attend each one we're bound to have a laugh. The only real complaint was having a potential 3 dayer at Pembrey followed by the season closer the week after but again I understand we can only do the dates we are offered by the tracks.

On the whole, without spending 10 times the money we do our series is the best around, on and off track.

Soap box put away and sermon over, be off with you my deciples.

Scott #50