Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 13-Apr-2005, 20:06
Montjuic

Mood: SP4 is back
Touching Up

Hello all, it has been around a month since my last look at the board, I have been running about like a blue arsed fly setting up a new dept at work, etc

I am now happy with the SP, all the mechanics and suspensionis sorted, Diablo's fitted so basically it goes like stink!I think I upset an Honda SP1 yesterday, the 13 year old duke ate him alive.

I have raised the ride height a bit with the adjusters on the swingarm and am much happier with the handling of the bike. I seem to have "dialled out" the unusual "long feeling" it had,

I now want to mint it,

At some stage the bike has been scratched and the paint has been chipped in a couple of places, one of the last owners has used a poor choice of touch up paint which looks pink against the ducati red. Any ideas for removing the pink paint and suggest an effective way of restoring it to its former glory?

I will eventually get it re-sprayed but funds will not allow this(getting married in July)

Regards

Simon

[Edited on 13-4-2005 by simon foster]
Old 13-Apr-2005, 22:25
Big Twin

Give RS Bikepaint a call and tell them make/model/year. They will most likely be able to match the paint, and they do aerosols for £10 a pop. They also do etch primer, rubbing compound, showroom polish etc so explain waht you want to do and they will get you set up. I've had paint from them for several bikes and I rate them. They also to touchup sticks, I just got a set (grey undercoat, blue and laquer) for the dark metallic blue monster and it's spot on. The red for my 749 is spot on too.

Number is on their website. They don;t do web sales because they like to make sure you are asking for the right colour and they guarantee the macth.

http://www.motorbikepaint.co.uk/