Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 07-Apr-2004, 21:21
Mille

can,t stop smiling

hi all dont know wot took me so long to find this site but i have now and im well impressed with how helpfull and informative evreyone is, top geezers all of you. av had my 749r since march 1st and avnt stopped smiling it is one hell of a bike, i loved my 748 bp but this thing is unreal, 450mls so far and touch wood no props, really dissapointed with ducati performance thay av made huggers for them but only available to the wsb and bsb boys at the moment it makes me cry when i see all the road crap over the rear shock. i to am dissapointed with the finish on the petrol tank and am gonna see wot my dealer says about it at the 1st service av any other 749r owners got any joy about the tanks? well hi 2 you all and and keep the information coming and be fast and safe.
Old 07-Apr-2004, 22:08
Montjuic

Mood: Waiting for Sunshine
Welcome fellow baby R owner

Boyo,

Glad to hear that youv'e bought a baby R. I got mine nearly 2 weeks ago and I havn't stopped smiling since either. As for the tank, who cares about the weld !!! The hugger would be nice as my back shock is getting spat on with everything as well.
All my carbon bodywork is coming off next week for the race plastics to be fitted for going to Jerez in 3 weeks.
Enjoy your bike

Regards
Old 07-Apr-2004, 22:52
Big Twin

Mood: My K5 Rocks !!!!
Welcome to the board Boyo Did you know you can buy a neoprene sock that you can wrap around your rear shock to protect it from road crud...... as used by top moto x riders.... My mates got one on his 996 looks a bit gay !! but keeps the muck out.
Old 07-Apr-2004, 23:04
Montjuic

Mood: got yella fever!
boyo

hi boyo are u welch y got a nice bike there i think it was the best bike on show at the nec have fun cheers niggs999
Old 08-Apr-2004, 08:34
GTL

Mood: going for a ride...
I have the same problem , I asked about the hugger last night and was told no news yet , I have thought about getting a casoli shock protector , the one that just tie-wraps round the top and clips to the reservoir , has anyone tried this on a 749 / 999 ?
Old 08-Apr-2004, 18:40

Nice to hear you're enjoying the bike, Boyo -- it certainly is a beauty.

All the tank welds are the same on 749R's -- I wouldn't bother about it. Yours is no worse than any other, I'm sure.

You could try speaking to Marcello at Ducati London South about a hugger? DLS have closer links with Ducati Corse than most and might be able to help. Dunno how different the BSB/WSBK swingarm is though (apart from being made of magnesium rather than aluminium)

Rob
Old 08-Apr-2004, 21:51
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Smiley and waiting for the sunshine
Quote:
Originally posted by boyo
top geezers all of you.

Cough, cough, cough!

oh! and welcome Boyo!

[Edited on 8-4-2004 by kwikbitch]
Old 10-Apr-2004, 17:34
Mille

thanks for the welcome and the info some you av given me i will look into it and let you know how i get on, hope i can help some of you guys one cheers.