Ducati Sporting Club UK
Race
MotoGP / WSB / BSB / Local racing.
*** WARNING*** May contain race results!!

Old 04-Sep-2005, 19:42
Montjuic

Ouch – hope you’re not hurting too much today.

Never mind, you’ve been and gone and done it. Respect to you young lady!

See you soon.
Gill xx
Old 04-Sep-2005, 21:58
500SD

Mood: PENSO POSITIVO....SEMPRE!!
GRANDE LILY.....BRAVA!!!!
Great pictures, Brave rider, Great bike and..what a team!!! Surely the best privateer team Ducati has....

Glad you are OK!..you did really well!
Old 04-Sep-2005, 22:02
500SD

Mood: DOH!
Well done indeed, you rock big time!
Sorry you crashed but I gotta say, DP has had so many crashes this season! Put me off a bit tbh.
Big buzz innit!
Again, very, very well done, I'm proud of you (and thanks for the mention too)
Old 04-Sep-2005, 22:26
GTL

Lily,

Many Congratulations, and commiserations at the same time. So sorry that the third race ended in disaster. Very harsh that after your near miss in race 2 you got caught be someone else's incident in the 3rd one aswell.

I hope the bike (which looks stunning in the pictures...what a great number for an ex-Bostrom rep!) is not in too bad a shape and, more importantly, hope you get well very soon, and are fully fit for your Jerez Trip.

Ian
Old 04-Sep-2005, 23:51
Big Twin

Mood: renegade sexy racer
I don’t think you look to worried on the grid but you do look pretty determined in the next shot with the visor down.

Mend fast racing lady. Well done

How much for one of them t shirts

Old 05-Sep-2005, 02:34
Dibble

Lily,

You superstar, absolutely cracking weekend, absolutely nothing you could do about the off, and today the bike doesn't look half as bad as we thought it was yesterday ......

Thanks to you and JM for the hospitality and to all those that came to Oulton to support Lily, I think you made the weekend ....

Proud of you babes ...

Heal soon and take it easy.

Px
Old 05-Sep-2005, 09:23
Ducati Corse

Mood: www.suzukisportingclub.com the only place to be
Nice one Lily and hope you mend soon. Bigger balls than me that's for sure!!!!
Old 05-Sep-2005, 11:43
BSB Star

Mood: Soon my pet, soon
Don't know what else I can say here, thanks for everyone who came along to give her a boost, thanks espscially to Ian for the T-shirts, Dibble for making such a trek and helping rally round on Sunday and help unload the bike and assess the damage, and everyone else - you know who you are. Glad to meet the usual suspects and some new ones, Guido that lense is huge! great pics BTW, must get a set of those.

Lily did really well, I know I was more nervous than her, most of my friends race, and were racing that weekend (Gary won his races and now has a wildcard entry at this weekend's BSB at Oulton - BIG UP TO HIM ALSO) part of me was jealous not to be out there, but it's unbelievably hard to be calm watching the other half doing something predominantly dangerous, I don't how other people do it.

I'll apologise to anyone I might have offended after she was rushed to the medical centre, I wasn't exactly in a calm relaxed mood then as you can imagine.

Bob doesn't look as bad, but if it was a road accident and the insurers were involved I've already got the parts at over 4K let alone labour , it's done now, JHP and us will have a busy month trying to get it sorted for Jerez in 4 weeks though

Also didn't plan on running repairs on a 749 on Saturday morning, but it just adds to the fun, and kept me busy rather than worrying.

If anyone fancies Oulton on the 21st Sept let me know as Lily obviously can't make it now, she needs plenty of R&R and hopefully her injuries will heal soon

JPM
Old 05-Sep-2005, 13:02
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Mood: MT Meglomaniac
Superb...What an excellent thread (Well, except for the photo of Dibble in shorts)

Well done Lily, that takes some doing and I mean both the guts to go racing and resisting the temptation to do it again.

Hope you're OK after the off, but it sounds as if you're well on the mend.

Well done again.
Old 05-Sep-2005, 14:19
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Is 112 dB loud enough?? What??
In racing, you always need to look on the bright side. (This is not generally a problem with racers as they tend to be eternal optimists). At least you now got a "proper" race bike!

I hope you heal soon.

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit