Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.
Closed Thread

Old 03-May-2005, 16:02

decision on big bore ???

to all at DSC, thanks for a great weekends racing from all at London South.

there seems to be a lot of confusion over the "new" rules which were handed out at the weekend.

the main topic being the big bore on 620.

in our opinion, to keep the spirit of the clubs close racing series we suggest outruling this.

The 680cc kit is not compatible with the rules which state a maximum displacement of 675cc !

however if this is permitted we will quite happily join the majority in order to stay competitive on power.

Perhaps it may be easier and more sensible to put a stand on the original rules before it spirals out of control, leaving the spirt of the series behind along with valued DSC competitors

any thoughts on this ?????

what is the final decision and when will it be decided?

thanks
Old 03-May-2005, 16:10
BSB Star

Mood: the rain in spain falls mainly on me!
very well put,

you have summed up what alot of people have spent post upon post trying to say in your first one!

i agree.

one point though, i think the term '680 bid bore kit' is being used very loosly and the bike in question has been bored out to within the limit.

thanks for taking the time to post up.
Old 03-May-2005, 16:13
MotoGP God

Mood: 749 racebike MGP
There is some discussion happening within the racing committee at the moment and I expect that some sort of response will be forthcoming over the next day or two.

There's no rush beyond that in my view so we can afford to be 36 little fonzie's on this one.

Thanks for posting guys.
Old 03-May-2005, 16:17
BSB Star

ICE
Old 03-May-2005, 16:43
Administrator
Webteam
MotoGP God
Bikes: 748S, HM1100S, V4SP, Was: DD-A #111

Mood: Passion Killer
DLS - you're right on the money.

The 620 bikes are already more powerful than carbed bikes, even those with the 674 big-bore kits.

Allowing the 620 bikes up to this limit is just going to split the field again and make it even harder for us carbed bikes to be competitive. Where's the sense in that?

Don't take away the superb rides from Andrew (CK&AK's bike), Fil2 and Ali as they were definitely underpowered, but just rode exceptionally well.

Look at it from our (the carbed bikes) point of view - where are we going to get more power from? We're already at the CC limit and we can't do anything to the head to release the extra power the big-bore kit was reputed to have given us.

It's frustrating for us even more than you guys as we're two steps behind the front runners with nowhere to go - at least you lot should be able to bridge the gap!

Well done Clint and Mike on superb rides over the weekend too. Excellent turnout from Marcello at DLS and shows how committed you guys are to supporting the Ducati Sporting Club.
Old 03-May-2005, 16:54
BSB Star

Quote:
Originally posted by antonye
Allowing the 620 bikes up to this limit is just going to split the field again and make it even harder for us carbed bikes to be competitive. Where's the sense in that?

ah, stop moaning. you're already quicker than me anyway.

Look at it from our (the carbed bikes) point of view - where are we going to get more power from? We're already at the CC limit and we can't do anything to the head to release the extra power the big-bore kit was reputed to have given us.

did someone hold you at knife point to buy a carbed bike?

Old 03-May-2005, 17:07
Ducati Corse

Mood: is it still wet
Quote:
Originally posted by antonye
DLS - you're right on the money.

The 620 bikes are already more powerful than carbed bikes, even those with the 674 big-bore kits.

Don't take away the superb rides from Andrew (CK&AK's bike), Fil2 and Ali as they were definitely underpowered, but just rode exceptionally well.

It's frustrating for us even more than you guys as we're two steps behind the front runners with nowhere to go - at least you lot should be able to bridge the gap!

Well done Clint and Mike on superb rides over the weekend too. Excellent turnout from Marcello at DLS and shows how committed you guys are to supporting the Ducati Sporting Club.

Could not agree more on this....

phil
Old 03-May-2005, 17:08
MotoGP God

Mood: 749 racebike MGP
I think the benefits of the 620 big bore are being overstated. I was speaking to Geoff on Sat night and his bike is making 62 bhp at the rear wheel. Any well sorted 620 is making the same. Geoff may have a better curve, I haven't seen it, but I don't think the difference is that much.

Big bores on a 620 are expensive and IMO the marginal gain is not worth the cost.

Another way of looking at it is this. Geoff's bike and mine are the same horsepower (well mw's bike was dyno'd at 62 and they were setup almost identical so mine would be the same) so I don't think the slightly better power and torque curves he has would give him the 3 to 4 seconds a lap he had on me on the woodlands circuit. He's just a much better rider - simple.

If I had chosen a 675 as my weapon of choice I'd have done the carb mods that no-one seems to have done as well, all the tuners say that this will even the performance between the 675's and the 620's. I have no idea how much this mod costs but if I was one of you lot I'd be looking into it.

If Phil and Ali had this mod I wouldn't be surprised to see them go past me and Nick and gap us, as it's fairly even between us at the moment.

Now stop bloody moaning! (Caveat - humorous dig, not a stab at anyone before my head gets bitten off)

[Edited on 3-5-2005 by TP]
Old 03-May-2005, 17:10
Administrator
Webteam
MotoGP God
Bikes: 748S, HM1100S, V4SP, Was: DD-A #111

Mood: Passion Killer
Quote:
Originally posted by dickieducati
ah, stop moaning. you're already quicker than me anyway.

I'm going to print that out and stick it on the wall
Old 03-May-2005, 17:12
BSB Star

*** CORRECTION ***

you were quicker than me at the first meeting.

*** CORRECTION ****
Closed Thread