Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 05-Jan-2011, 21:45
500SD

Looking forward to Brands on 20th. Looks like I have about 5 to 7 seconds a lap to find to turn in a good result this year.

Should be a good day out just hope its a little warmer than the same time last year.

Mark
Old 06-Jan-2011, 12:51
DSC Club Member
500SD
Bikes: Badger DD A #50, Multistrada 1200s, Aprilia Tuono 1100rr

Mood: More chilled than a polar bear's d**k
So the practice days are separate to the race days and need to be paid for aswell, on top as the race days being dearer than last year??!! WTF

If thats the case then this year's grid could well be Badgerless.

It's not the size of the dog in the fight that matters, but the size of the fight in the dog.
Scott #50
Old 06-Jan-2011, 13:03
DSC Club Member
Mille
Bikes: 848 Evo ‘Pikes Peak’, 748S, 200 Single

Quote:
Originally Posted by baconmaker72
So the practice days are separate to the race days and need to be paid for aswell, on top as the race days being dearer than last year??!! WTF

I'm not a fan of the increase in costs this year, especially as we still don't know what they are, but last year there were no free practice days so this isn't another increase.

It's really just the availability of an organised track day for race practice if you choose to do it.
Old 06-Jan-2011, 13:30
DSC Club Member
500SD
Bikes: Badger DD A #50, Multistrada 1200s, Aprilia Tuono 1100rr

Mood: More chilled than a polar bear's d**k
Quote:
Originally Posted by numbskull
I'm not a fan of the increase in costs this year, especially as we still don't know what they are, but last year there were no free practice days so this isn't another increase.

It's really just the availability of an organised track day for race practice if you choose to do it.

Apologies, had a re-read and it's referring to the Friday ones not the practice on actual race days!

It's not the size of the dog in the fight that matters, but the size of the fight in the dog.
Scott #50
Old 06-Jan-2011, 14:08
MotoGP God
Bikes: 848, M620 DD bike

Mood: waiting...
have a look at Hottrax racing webstie, most classes listed as £235 race entry, then you'll have the Friday on top of that if you want it (brands is £99).

If you did Sat and Sun last year, likley it'll cost a bit less, but then you'll only get 3 races not 4
Old 06-Jan-2011, 14:32
500SD

Looks like it could be a budget breaking year as well

Mark.
Damn that VAT rise
Old 06-Jan-2011, 15:10
DSC Club Member
Mille
Bikes: 848 Evo ‘Pikes Peak’, 748S, 200 Single

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradders
have a look at Hottrax racing webstie, most classes listed as £235 race entry, then you'll have the Friday on top of that if you want it (brands is £99).

If you did Sat and Sun last year, likley it'll cost a bit less, but then you'll only get 3 races not 4

Last year all in was £1166

This year looks to be £1880 (by the above reckoning)

Thats a 60% increase
Old 06-Jan-2011, 15:55
Big Twin
Bikes: 959

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradders

It does seem from the Hottrax Motorsport website that a Round (2 days) is £235 as that is listed for all the other classes they are running. I won't go into the argument about Saturdays last year (I am sure most people - certainly the top 15 or so did them all). Cadwell Park last year cost me (with having to pay for Allcomers for extra Sat and Sunday morning practice) £302 for 2 days racing. If I had just done DD I think I am right in saying I would have saved £50, so £252. If Cadwell Park this year is £235, then unless I missed something, it is actually £20 cheaper (for the weekend) without even considering the fact we will have more tracktime (so is cheaper/lap).

Last year at Cadwell (if you check), by doing DD you got the following:
6 lap timed Practice Sat
2 x 8 lap races Sat
5 lap lap warmup Sun
2 x 8 lap races
Total 43 laps for £5.80/lap

Predicted 2011 you will get:
2 practices and warmup (assume at least 5 lapseven though this is an underestimate)
3 x 10 lap races
Total 45 laps for £5.20/lap (more laps for less money, and the practices are expected to be longer than I have assumed).

Fridays are a practice... like a trackday. Do it or not... it is up to the individual. At least we have the option of being there the day before, which is better than being there a week before when the conditions will be different and you have twice as much travelling.
Old 06-Jan-2011, 16:06
Big Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by numbskull
Last year all in was £1166

This year looks to be £1880 (by the above reckoning)

Thats a 60% increase
Although we do have 14% more rounds and that doesn't include a possible discount.

So, adding 14% to £1166 gives £1332
If they offer a 10% discount for all rounds, we would pay £1,692, so only 27% more

Last edited by Jolley : 06-Jan-2011 at 16:35.
Old 06-Jan-2011, 16:47
Big Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolley
Although we do have 14% more rounds and that doesn't include a possible discount.

So, adding 14% to £1166 gives £1332
If they offer a 10% discount for all rounds, we would pay £1,692, so only 27% more
ALSO, you quote £1880, which would be 8 x 2 day races. According to the latest Provisional Calendar, we have 4 x 2 day and 4 x 1 day races. Let us assume (for a change - hurry up Kev) that a 2 day round is £235 and a 1 day round is £150, then the total would be £1,540, which with a 10% discount would be £1,386, so the equivalent of £46 more over the season........
..... but of course this is all irrelevant until we get some actual figures.