Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 21-Sep-2005, 22:22
500SD

Mood: Buoyant.
European track day transport.

How does this sound??

Your bikes and equipment are picked up here, transported over to the circuit, you fly down, train/coach down, do your track day.

Driver of wagon which holds 40 + bikes and tents/spares stays with you and then he transports your bike back home to Blighty.

Works out a lot less stressful than riding down, is cheaper and easier on the tyres/bike.

Driver has years of experience transporting race tackle across Europe/ America/ Australia.

Fully insured.

I'd like a bit of feedback............

........... No, don't tell me to walk up to the speaker with the microphone in my hand...........
Old 21-Sep-2005, 22:26
Dibble

might as well book a No Limits / 100% or TOFS track weekend, plenty of people here do so, they have been doing them for years, have all the contacts, indemnities and experience and all look to be exceptionally good value ....

Nice idea but I'd rather do it properley ... sorry ...
Old 21-Sep-2005, 22:34
500SD

So you're saying this chap doesn't do it properly?? Are you talking track day or transport??

After transporting racing tackle across the world, I reckon he may know what he's doing...........

Anybody else got any input?
Old 21-Sep-2005, 22:40
Dibble

Quote:
Originally posted by Spen
So you're saying this chap doesn't do it properly?? Are you talking track day or transport??

After transporting racing tackle across the world, I reckon he may know what he's doing...........

Anybody else got any input?

He may well be very proficient at transporting bikes, but unless you know therwise is he experienced at arranging complete track weekends, organising and booking circuits, sourcing suitabe accomodation and running the whole event ??

I never questioned his ability to move bikes about ... but thats just a small part of one of these trips ......
Old 21-Sep-2005, 22:43
500SD

If you read my original post, I mentioned transport.

You'd have to book hotels/flights et cetera.

I've exported a car today and the chap mentioned he transports racing equipment too and it seems a lot cheaper to let him do it than to ride down/hire a van.

Not a bad idea if you have an off too, at least your bike is guaranteed to get back.
Old 21-Sep-2005, 22:47
Dibble

Quote:
Originally posted by Spen
If you read my original post, I mentioned transport.

You'd have to book hotels/flights et cetera.

I've exported a car today and the chap mentioned he transports racing equipment too and it seems a lot cheaper to let him do it than to ride down/hire a van.

Not a bad idea if you have an off too, at least your bike is guaranteed to get back.

Thats cool, all I was saying was that to book each bit individually and all the hassle of organisation, its unlikely to be worth the hassle .....

But, it may be worth offering his services to the DD boys as they are likely having an Assen round next year .........
Old 21-Sep-2005, 22:49
BSB Star

Mood: Soon my pet, soon
We're off to Jerez in a few days, if we'd of booked early enough it would of been £599, that's 4 days on track, 4* hotel for 5 nights, flights and bike transport, all we have to do is turn up
Old 21-Sep-2005, 22:50
Dibble

thats it .. rub it in .... roll on Dec ...
Old 21-Sep-2005, 23:03
BSB Star

Mood: Soon my pet, soon
Yeah ya git

It's alright mate, we're planning a new year jolly on a snowy mountain somewhere now...
Old 21-Sep-2005, 23:23
BSB Star

Mood: Has change happened...must of missed it!
Quote:
Originally posted by JPM
We're off to Jerez in a few days, if we'd of booked early enough it would of been £599, that's 4 days on track, 4* hotel for 5 nights, flights and bike transport, all we have to do is turn up

I did tell you.................er i paid £599.......but my neck/shoulder are killing me at the minute! £100 so far on physio!