Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 05-Oct-2006, 17:28
Bevel Head

New Ducati 1098

chinese whispers time........just spoke to a US ducati dealership thats seen the new bike,........." yes its beautifull looking" he said," but the most impressive thing is that its supposed to be 155bhp at the crank in bip model and 40 lbs lighter than the 999 !!!!!!!Gulp

lets just watch the values of 999 drop like a stone now as everyone tries to trade-in for the new model.
Old 05-Oct-2006, 17:44
Ducati Corse
Bikes: 749R 2004

Mood: luvin' bein back out on the 'R'
glad I bought the 749 then !
Old 05-Oct-2006, 17:45
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Mood: MT Meglomaniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by 996
lets just watch the values of 999 drop like a stone now as everyone tries to trade-in for the new model.

Schadenfreude ???

The Patent Jools Mood Meter -Today I am:

___________^
Old 05-Oct-2006, 18:16
Ducati Corse

Don't think 996 is taking malicious or smug pleasure in somebody else’s misfortune Jools, more stating a fact really.
Old 05-Oct-2006, 18:27
Bevel Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henners
Don't think 996 is taking malicious or smug pleasure in somebody else’s misfortune Jools, more stating a fact really.

Thankyou,and well said.
Old 05-Oct-2006, 18:36
everton

Quote:
Originally Posted by 996
chinese whispers time........just spoke to a US ducati dealership thats seen the new bike,........." yes its beautifull looking" he said," but the most impressive thing is that its supposed to be 155bhp at the crank in bip model and 40 lbs lighter than the 999 !!!!!!!Gulp

Well any dealer who's livelihood is based on Ducati would say that.

As for 999 prices dropping like a stone - they're at rock bottom anyway and will probably be a bargain for many.

Finally - two points of view, one from a journo friend and the other through Ducati directly states on the one hand impressive power but on the other UJM looks - will that tempt those that have bought their R1s and Gixxers back to the fold - time will tell but if it does look like a UJM best stick to our 99Xs then.

At the end of the day there's lots of speculation, probably best wait for the genuine tune from the organ grinder not the grunts from the monkeys and rumour-mongers. Whichever way up it won't better the 'Sedici
Old 06-Oct-2006, 01:46
Mille

What is a UJM?

Ultimate J******* machine?
Old 06-Oct-2006, 02:40
Ducati Dealer
GTL

Mood: Just fallen in love with road riding again!
Quote:
Originally Posted by everton
Well any dealer who's livelihood is based on Ducati would say that.

As for 999 prices dropping like a stone - they're at rock bottom anyway and will probably be a bargain for many.

Finally - two points of view, one from a journo friend and the other through Ducati directly states on the one hand impressive power but on the other UJM looks - will that tempt those that have bought their R1s and Gixxers back to the fold - time will tell but if it does look like a UJM best stick to our 99Xs then.

At the end of the day there's lots of speculation, probably best wait for the genuine tune from the organ grinder not the grunts from the monkeys and rumour-mongers. Whichever way up it won't better the 'Sedici

Well said,

NO dealers have seen the new bike yet, I am in regular contact with the guys at a main Ducati store in the US and they have had no more info than the european dealers.

With photos flying round the world in seconds nowadays, do you think that if there was a 1098 in the USA being shown arround it would stay covered up???

Its just a case of "you heard it here first"

Whatever will be, will be.

But I am looking forward to the 1098 (as a dealer whos livelihood depends on it!)

I'm off to Milan to see it on the 12th. cant wait!!!! photos will be sent!

748RS race bike (well, 853 but who\'s counting!)
999S road bike,

www.motorapido.co.uk
Old 06-Oct-2006, 10:25
Bevel Head

[quote=wilf]Well said,

NO dealers have seen the new bike yet, I am in regular contact with the guys at a main Ducati store in the US and they have had no more info than the european dealers.

With photos flying round the world in seconds nowadays, do you think that if there was a 1098 in the USA being shown arround it would stay covered up???

Its just a case of "you heard it here first"

Whatever will be, will be.

But I am looking forward to the 1098 (as a dealer whos livelihood depends on it!)

Lets simply look at the facts;

1.I'm only repeating what a principal at a ducati dealer in Texas TOLD me.
2.There,s no mention of the bike being in the USA,lets assume that he may have seen this in......Italy.
3.Without naming names,I've spoke to a ducati dealer in this country who says he's seen the bike (in Italy), so some people are getting previews......unless their telling porkies.

Call me sinical, but the introduction of a new model,if its to be belived about the performance,weight reduction and the aesthetics will create high demand.....this will only be good stick to be used by dealers to tell us how "they canrn't give us good money for our 999/749". Its happened before.
Old 06-Oct-2006, 10:50
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: What a wonderful world.
I'm so looking forward to being able to buy a cheap 999