Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 27-May-2004, 17:56

Mood: Chilled
999R Open Pipes / CPU

Some advice / help needed.

I had the open pipes (non cat version supplied with the bike) and CPU fitted yesterday on the promise that mid range will be better and it may sound more like a Duke should.

When I finally got to a strech of road where I could wind it open, I noticed that there is a slight hesitation before the engine picks up and blasts me into the happy zone.

Can't be for more tha 0.5 seconds and occurs at about 3,500 rpm upwards.

The tech at Cobb & Jagger reckons on re- fitting the standard CPU, even though it will run a little lean, and sending the new CPU off for remapping by Ducati.

Anyone have experience of this or come across it in the past?

Cheers

Rob
Old 27-May-2004, 19:59
everton

HHhhhhmmmmmmmm....... I'm looking at the ECU for the open pipes as we speak. It's stamped :

999 RSARACING for OPEN.EXH PIPES ECU 999/03

Now I have the full 57mm Termig system with appropriate ECU fitted and the above mentioned part was the only ECU given back to me after the fitting.

I also had a hestitation issue around 4,000 RPM on the un-cat pipes but no problems with the big system at all.

Point is I don't have an ECU for the CAT system so both systems are in my garage with just the one ECU
Old 27-May-2004, 22:54
Mille

PowerCommander III usb and a run on the dyno - job done!
Old 28-May-2004, 12:00
Ducati Corse

Mood: R U thinking what I'm thinking?......Oh dear!
Robo,

Not got a 999r (only got the motor but with the out of date bodywork!) myself but Chillo has, speaking to him a few days ago he was looking for a full 57mm system, maybe because of the same problem?

Loads of people swear by the power commander for sorting this sort of problem out.

The ecu's only have stickers on em to identify em. If mine are anything to go peel it off and there's another underneath for an older model!!

Ray
Old 30-May-2004, 21:44
500SD

Mood: head down
03 999r has a fuel map made by a small child for the open pipe system , best is to give it back to the dealer and get them to send it back for new one my mate has three 999r`s ( one is his wifes if it helps ) amd the dealer sent all the cpu´s for the open system back and new "better" ones were sent back