Ducati Sporting Club UK
Race
MotoGP / WSB / BSB / Local racing.
*** WARNING*** May contain race results!!

Old 06-Jul-2004, 11:34
500SD
Bikes: Diavel

Ruben to ride GP4 ?

Ruben to ride the GP4?
Spaniard set to downgrade to factory machine

The super donkey chucking Spaniard Ruben Xaus may see his dreams of being the 'Rookie of Year' go up in smoke should the rumours from the factory Bolognaise team be true. Word on the street is that Randy Mamola was born a female but more importantly to Ruben is the continuing speculation that he may be downgraded to this year's Ducati 2004 machine for the remainder of the season.

Ducati Corse have made no secret of the fact that they're getting rather embarrassed by the Spaniard's continuing success on the one year old satellite machine - regularly outpacing the full factory riders Loris Capirossi and Troy Bayliss.

Backwards logic. Ruben's rising up to the bottom.

"We're thinking of sticking Ruben on factory machine" said a sulking Ducati employee as he frantically searched the jobs page "He may think he's a big shot now but wait 'till he gets his donkey-stained hands on the GP4 nail, that will slow him down a bit. Suddenly he'll be qualifying next to Colin Edwards which would wipe the smile off anyone's face."
When asked if they intend on giving Neil Hodgson a GP4 the answer was fairly straightforward. "Nar. Although we've just ordered him a copy of 'A dummy's guide to qualifying' from Amazon.com, should be with us in 48 hours."

Although it's been doing the rounds for the past few weeks now the rumours that Xaus will move have really escalated in the last few days when a leaked transaction document showed that the factory team have ordered just short of four thousand extra fairings for the GP4 machine.
But for Ruben it's not all bad news as many of his doubters have been forced to sit up and take notice of his admirable results so far. Even the miserable, self-praising ******* King Frog was impressed by his performances this year. "Ruben has done good, despite an obvious lack of corner speed" said the boz-eyed amphibious pillock "If he continues in this way he may yet find a prestigious ride in World Superbikes."

Old 06-Jul-2004, 14:37
Ducati in my Blood
Bikes: Diavel, very non-std black & white ;)

Mood: Lucky? For some, maybe!
Old 06-Jul-2004, 15:19
Big Twin

Mood: Sans moto
For some reason I think you might not be Foggy's biggest fan Rob, not sure, just a feeling I get.
Yep Ruben doing pretty good this year.
I do think this years bikes are starting to get there now though.
Old 06-Jul-2004, 15:30
Bevel Head

Mood: Grumpy 'Old' Man!

I loved your comments on Ruben....

And I agree he needs to stay on the 2003 GP bike and slay a few more Hondas....and if he can't beat them then he should take them out when he goes down....
Old 06-Jul-2004, 15:35
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Is 112 dB loud enough?? What??
It would be great if they put Rueben on the GP4. It's the way forward. The old bike will fall further and further behind. As I said in another thread: Swap Bayliss for Rueben!
Old 07-Jul-2004, 11:08
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Still having fun!
like it.

The reason Ducati are trying to secure Xaus is that there is a big rumour that Honda are after him to replace Barros for next year.

Xaus is the future.

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit