Ducati Sporting Club UK
Private Adverts
Use this forum for all private adverts. You must have been a registered member on this board for at least 14 days before you are allowed to post.

Old 01-Oct-2012, 13:52
500SD

Monster 620 Dark 04 Plate Rear Caliper and M/C units needed

Hi y'all,

Having problems with my rear locking up and i don't even use the rear brake. Tried a few tricks that I got off the forums but still doing the same thing. Thought I'd replace the units to see if that worked. If anyone has anything that would be helpful

Franco
Old 01-Oct-2012, 20:00
Montjuic

Hi There,

I have a thumb brake for sale from my 998 track bike, comes with caliper, master cylinder, red hose etc, basically everything you would need, also I have for sale standard full rear brake set up from the same bike, dont know if it will fit your bike thought .
Old 01-Oct-2012, 20:56
DSC Club Member
Big Twin
Bikes: Ducati 749, Phil Read Replica, DD 620

Mood: 2011 DD Class 'B' Champion
Hi Franco, if you never press the pedal the brake can't lock on. but if you use it for holding the bike at lights on hill etc, then it can. The usual cause is the fluid return hole is blocked in the master cylinder bore. Its a very small orifice approx 0.5mm. The master has to be stripped to examine it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastfasulli
Hi y'all,

Having problems with my rear locking up and i don't even use the rear brake. Tried a few tricks that I got off the forums but still doing the same thing. Thought I'd replace the units to see if that worked. If anyone has anything that would be helpful

Franco
Old 02-Oct-2012, 21:25
500SD

Quote:
Originally Posted by aide998tt
Hi There,

I have a thumb brake for sale from my 998 track bike, comes with caliper, master cylinder, red hose etc, basically everything you would need, also I have for sale standard full rear brake set up from the same bike, dont know if it will fit your bike thought .

Thanks for the response. To be honest i'd prefer foot brake set up may be interested in normal brake set up.if it fits. What year is the bike?
Having said that may look into ghost's advice first
Old 02-Oct-2012, 21:31
500SD

Hi how are you doing? It's been a long time. Always been meaning to come and see you al race but not very good at watching as opposed to doing!!!!

Thanks for the advice. I genuinely never touch the rear brake unless I'm doing it by without realising.

But I am willing to look.into the return hole being an issue. Is it straight forward to strip them down?
Old 03-Oct-2012, 00:41
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Franco i've seen a couple of the later rear calipers have problems with there pistons seizeing. Not sure what the pistons are made of but it does look as though it was linked to lack of use.

Checkout the Desmo Due Paddock on Facebook

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit