Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 26-Feb-2006, 16:42
WSB Hero

Mood: Lurkin'.....
Hmm,clutch cover is not my cup of char,but each to their own.
You could always whip the springs off and soak them in WD40.Wipe off the excess and you have some nice dark grey,rustless springs.
Old 26-Feb-2006, 22:28

if anyones got a set of springs they want to be relieved of then im ya man
Old 26-Feb-2006, 22:31
Big Twin

Mood: I own a flame thrower
Take them off, quick rub with scotch bright and a coat of satin black spray. Cost about £1.99 for the paint.

Above also works well on the clutch springs
Old 26-Feb-2006, 22:34

are they easy enough to take off, is there torque settings that have to be adhered to when placing back on carbon749
Old 26-Feb-2006, 22:39
BSB Star

Mood: All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing
Hate to rain on your parade Jas, but I really would not want to drop the bike with that clutch cover. It's gonna take out your spring posts for sure and that will cost you a whole shed load more than a cover!

Why don't you do to your original tin cover what you've done to the carbon cover then paint it black. Would give your clutch a whole heap more protection in an off.
Old 26-Feb-2006, 22:46
Big Twin

Mood: I own a flame thrower
Quote:
Originally posted by JAS749
are they easy enough to take off, is there torque settings that have to be adhered to when placing back on carbon749

Sure there is a torque setting and someone who is clever will be able to tell you.

I did mine 2 at a time taking of the opposite springs. Bolts don't seem too tight, I just nipped my bolts back up and then checked them after first decent ride out.
Old 26-Feb-2006, 22:47
BSB Star

Quote:
Originally posted by Carbon749
Quote:

Sure there is a torque setting and someone who is clever will be able to tell you.

I did mine 2 at a time taking of the opposite springs. Bolts don't seem too tight, I just nipped my bolts back up and then checked them after first decent ride out.

I'd second that.
Old 26-Feb-2006, 22:55

Quote:
Originally posted by yeti
Hate to rain on your parade Jas, but I really would not want to drop the bike with that clutch cover. It's gonna take out your spring posts for sure and that will cost you a whole shed load more than a cover!

Why don't you do to your original tin cover what you've done to the carbon cover then paint it black. Would give your clutch a whole heap more protection in an off.
point taken i havent decided whether to keep it on at the mo.i really like the dp black clutch cover to match my sprocket cover but at £210 i cant justify it at the minute
Old 26-Feb-2006, 22:57
BSB Star

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by yeti

point taken i havent decided whether to keep it on at the mo.i really like the dp black clutch cover to match my sprocket cover but at £210 i cant justify it at the minute

Mail me a pic of the clutch cover you fancy, might be able to have your original machined and painted. email on my profile
Old 26-Feb-2006, 23:00
Mille

Mood: Sparks will fly. If it keeps on
tec moto do one the same as the Ducati item 99 pound i think