Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 16-Oct-2006, 14:26
500SD

Mood: Out with the grey....in with the satin black
Quote:
Originally Posted by Animal
The brakes are loads more responsive...

Forgive my ignorance, but how? Could it be that you just have more weight going through your wrists which gives the impression off your brakes being more responsive?
Old 16-Oct-2006, 14:44
Big Twin

Mood: Train comes and I know its destination
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wylie1
Forgive my ignorance, but how? Could it be that you just have more weight going through your wrists which gives the impression off your brakes being more responsive?

More weight on the front may mean more feel coming through the forks.
This could be achieved through altering the geometry of the bike, though - lower the front and/or raise the back. I recall that my 999 felt vague at the front, until I had adjusted the rear ride height, followed by dropping the yokes down the forks. The braking on my 999 feels awesome.

I'm more interested in the raised seat in the hope that it will address the issues I have regarding distance from seat pad to pegs - aching hips and knees on longer jaunts, etc.
Old 16-Oct-2006, 14:59
500SD

Mood: Out with the grey....in with the satin black
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loz
More weight on the front may mean more feel coming through the forks.

More feel doesn't make your brakes more responsive though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loz
This could be achieved through altering the geometry of the bike, though - lower the front and/or raise the back. I recall that my 999 felt vague at the front, until I had adjusted the rear ride height, followed by dropping the yokes down the forks. The braking on my 999 feels awesome.

Ditto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loz
I'm more interested in the raised seat in the hope that it will address the issues I have regarding distance from seat pad to pegs - aching hips and knees on longer jaunts, etc.

Fair enough if you find it uncomfortable. The higher seat may make your knees feel better, but I think your hips will be in a similar position & it definitely puts more weight on your wrists.

I personally find it very comfortable with the standard seat. I'm 6'1" & been to the Italy on the bike this year + a few trips to the Nurburgring.
Old 16-Oct-2006, 15:05
Big Twin

Mood: r
this is where im at too, my bike has had the suspention set for me,by raising me via a seat pad,i will get a better fit/lock into tank with my knee,the bike i sat on at p.v.t. did this, i also changed my seat pad on my old 998 for the same reasons,i sat on david cooks 998/6 on a ccs day,his set up was on the same lines.
Old 16-Oct-2006, 15:44
500SD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loz

Your right, I'm not the tallest of people but it's loads more comfortable on the knees...
Old 16-Oct-2006, 20:04
Mille

Mood: In danger of scaring myself
All this talk of mods has me reminiscing over my 748SPS. I like the S4RS I have now, but I suspect I am so going to want the 1098 when it comes out, as I really miss the head down arse up happy days of spanish inquisition riding!