Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 07-Jun-2011, 20:34
DSC Club Member
500SD
Bikes: Badger DD A #50, Multistrada 1200s, Aprilia Tuono 1100rr

Mood: More chilled than a polar bear's d**k
Talking Anglesey Badger Blog

I'll defo keep this one short (see, even using an abbreviation).

Why is there no abbreviation for abbreviation? Seems such a long word considering it's job! Alas, I digress.

I'd done a trackday at Anglesey some 18 months previous so only did the Friday afternoon session to reacquaint myself with the lay-out. Still, along with plenty of other DDers I whooped the ass of a lot of the 'all the gear but no idea' boys on their R6s and the such like round the twisty bits which is most heartwarming!

Saturday was a great days racing all round, decent qually, 2 championship races packed with more position swapping than an epic Swedish art film and a splendid 6 lap sprint race to finish, which had me looking round to see where Dave Jenkins was with just over a lap to go. He let me know exactly where he was by flying past me while I was off line, I returned the favour by riding up his leg coming out of the next bend, no harm done, just soiled leathers. Dave's on the outside of his right limb and mine just behind the crotch on the inside.

Sunday was a day for hard-core racers, no poofs or fanny boys were allowed (Mr Appleby exepted as he's northern and we don't have either of those where we come from). This meant all the class Bs who somehow managed to finish in front of myself and Bradders had ran away, nobody going out for qually wanted to say it but any 3 of us would be walking away with their first DD pot, I'm sure we were all thinking it but no-one wanted to tempt their fate.

I was class B pole and 3rd on the grid overall as we waited for the reds to go out, revs up, clutch out and I got an amazing start. First into the first corner and only passed by a Mr Mason before the second, but as usual I made an ar*e of it and 2 others came by and I ran wide. I set off after the class B blaggard (Mike Tesseyman) and after 4 or 5 laps got past, I was leading for the first time ever!! (apart from at the start). Bradders tried to spoil things by getting past so I went back past him. He must've had the same thoughts as me because we did this for the rest of the race. Each lap he went under me at the banked hairpin and I went back past him down the back straight, he blamed his lack of nose cone causing excess resistance and slowing him down, I blamed me getting better drive out of the hairpin by taking a wider line out of it as I was always starting to go past by the right hander onto the straight. Coming into the corkscrew for the final time I also knew what he was going to do as he did it to Jimbo the day before, sneaking up the inside into the the left hand part and block passing through the right. However I snipped his nose off, braked hard, took a tight line round the right and just prayed I could get the drive to fend him off before the line. Oh yeh baby, I did just that but only just, less than 9/100ths separated us at the flag.

Victory was mine! Mwahahahahaaaaaa.

Until a steward pointed out that my visor must filter out certain spectoral colours, the reason I got my amazing start to leave everyone for dead was partly due to me setting off while the lights were still on. B*ll*x. To be fair I knew I'd got a jump and did just what you're supposed to do, keep going. I don't think my advantage changed the finishing order in anyway as Bradders and myself swapped places so often, but rules are there to be ahered to and I didn't. To come away with a 2nd place after a 10second penalty is still no disgrace and those who have read the comments on my facebook pic will know just how much it meant to me.

See you at Snett, TTFN

It's not the size of the dog in the fight that matters, but the size of the fight in the dog.
Scott #50
Old 07-Jun-2011, 20:46
Big Twin
Bikes: Ducati 749, Phil Read Replica, DD 620

Mood: 2011 DD Class 'B' Champion
Entertaining read Scott. Mr Tesseyman was complaining his bike wasn't pulling on the Sat, was he sandbaggin??
Old 07-Jun-2011, 21:37
MotoGP God
Bikes: 848, M620 DD bike

Mood: waiting...
another close race....you could teach Simmo a few lessons with nose chopping Nothing wrong with my exit speed onto the straight

and Mikes bike was plenty quick enough both days as it flew by me!! Think I may have some paint on my leathers from his bike
Old 07-Jun-2011, 22:10
500SD
Bikes: Class A 620ssie #71 - 853 R/RS Dry - 748sp Wet

Mood: Green with envy
I really enjoyed all the races over the Anglesey weekend, great fun and some hard, but fair Mr Steward, passing in the midfield scrap by us all. MY bike was running on one cylinder most of the time during practice (2 laps then pulled in) and qualy (3 laps then in). I found a poor connection onto the vertical cylinder coil, it was ok on the paddock stand but vibrating like a dog sh*tting when riding and not giving a spark to the cylinder.

Sats races fun, but ran out of steam> I am so unfit.

Sunday ok in warm-up and got a good time, or so I thought. I forgot to put my transponder on! MY times of the beacon would have put me third on grid.

However, my brain was not plugged into body after a night in the van. SO was given last palce on the grid. Until Tom Roberts arrived asking me when warm-up was, he had not arrived in time from his huge farmhouse and had spent the morning feeding the hunting dogs.

A good start again sun saw me in third after the banking. i held out for 4 laps until I was so pooped again. The BB boys (badger n Bradders ) got past and I looked behind me and saw a clear track. Let em race for the trophies I thought, me is old, fat n pooped.

I ended up on the Dyno on Sunday afternoon, with a output of 47bhp! 3 up on the last motor. Yippee. It does give for good starts though as I was amazed at the places I made up on the first two corners on each race. Last row of the grid is a tough old starting position.

Regards,

Blaggard Tesseyman

Last edited by Cranker V2 : 07-Jun-2011 at 22:16.