Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 03-Feb-2005, 18:29
MotoGP God

Mood: 749 racebike MGP
Quote:
Originally posted by weeksy
why ??? why not fast ??

Ok, might sound like i'm talking crap here lads, but ALL OF YOU NEED TO GO IN FAST for all your trackdays now.

It's not about speed, it's about lines, it about overtaking and being overtaken at high speed, it's about watching the quick guys and learning from then, it's about being passed with inches to spare....

seriously lads, get the hell out of Tracker mode and into racer mode.

the are people in your Due series going to eat you alive and you'll end up in the gravel very very quickly unless you get the switch in your head made, and made quickly.

Why? Never been to the track before and will be on a 620cc monster.

If I feel comfortable I'll move up during the day.

I've never professed to be fast so I guess I'll just get eaten up alive in Desmo Due. But I can't see how not choosing the fast group means I'll end up in the gravel mate - bit of a stretch eh?
Old 03-Feb-2005, 18:38
BSB Star

Mood: the rain in spain falls mainly on me!
Quote:

ok, might sound like i'm talking crap here lads, but ALL OF YOU NEED TO GO IN FAST for all your trackdays now.

, it's about being passed with inches to spare....

seriously lads, get the hell out of Tracker mode and into racer mode.

the are people in your Due series going to eat you alive and you'll end up in the gravel very very quickly unless you get the switch in your head made, and made quickly.

we are doing a trackday at cadwell not racing, anyone passes with inches to spare they should be taken off the track.

i have nothing to prove racing; im a novice at it; most people will be quicker; good luck to them.

those that are experienced racers should be, and will be quicker. if they punt me off into the gravel in order to get past maybe they're not so good?
Old 03-Feb-2005, 18:43
MotoGP God

Quote:
because you come into race 1 and get a great start... then after hairpin you're heading up mountain towards Hall bends and Domski sticks his front wheel 2" from yours, the first thing you do is panic and forget to turn..... end up sitting looking at the sky thinking "crap, what went wrong"

I know at times i must sound really really condescending.... but don't forget i'm the guy who was punted off from behind at 130+mph last time at Mallory. Simply put, the guy would not have performed that manouver on a trackday.

honestly mate, you need to get used to mixing it with the fast lads....

the fact you are on a 620 Monster honestly has sod all to do with it....

Fil2's mate laps in 1.42 on a RD350 !!!!! LOL WJB and the other CB500 lads lap quicker than you or i on a pile of crap commuter bike.....

[Edited on 3-2-2005 by weeksy]

They've also got a lot more track experience than I have, and this is me trying to get that experience. I've only done two track days and I'm not going to run out into the fast group at this stage on this bike on a track I haven't even played on a games console, let alone been there.

Look, I don't know how I'm going to react to having someone a few inches off my wheel, I've never raced before, but I really don't think I'm going to start loading my undies - I've been involved in live fire exercises with live rounds whistling over my head from guys behind me who've only been in the Army since breakfast. You just get on with it, it's out of your control.

I appreciate that you're just trying to help but I've chosen my path, you can have the satisfaction of thinking "I told you so" to yourself if I make such a mistake

Thanks mate
Old 03-Feb-2005, 18:51
BSB Star

i think what tony was saying is that when we are out there we will just get on with it. some of us will crap ourselves and feel intimidated others will rise to the challenge and give aa good as they get. some may even open a can of whupp arse on some of the experienced racers, who knows. i think it will turn out to be exactly as was intended. a novice series for those looking to make a step up from trackdays.

btw i do value your opinions but i still make my own up and am prepared to be proved wrong.
Old 03-Feb-2005, 18:54
MotoGP God

Quote:
as for the bullet comments, i'm gonna ignore that one as it's ridiculous

Well then you missed my point.

Nevermind mate, I appreciate your help and ultimately we all have to make our decisions based on advice we get from lots of different sources and what our own gut feelings are.

Do appreciate your help though, keep it coming.
Old 03-Feb-2005, 20:11
DSC Club Rep
Big Twin
Bikes: 848

Its easy to see where Weeksy is coming from here, chaps. This TD is only, what, a couple of weeks before you line up on the grid of your first race so you should really be gagging to be in the fast group and getting stuck in.

Take the point that you havent been to the track before, but the cc/hp of the bike you are on should be irrelevant by the end of April, so theres no reason why you shouldnt be wringing its neck within a few laps.

I'm a regular Inters-level rider, despite being fairly pedestrian to be honest. Inters, especially at Cadwell, and with Focussed Events, is pretty darned slow when compared to what levels you really ought to be aiming for your first race.

By this time all you DesmoDue boys would have done your CSS Lvl 4's, done up to half a dozen TDs already, and frankly be as fast as youve ever been.

There's no excuse for not being in the fast group by this time :P :P
Old 03-Feb-2005, 20:13
MotoGP God

Quote:
Originally posted by JasonBoswell
Its easy to see where Weeksy is coming from here, chaps. This TD is only, what, a couple of weeks before you line up on the grid of your first race so you should really be gagging to be in the fast group and getting stuck in.

Take the point that you havent been to the track before, but the cc/hp of the bike you are on should be irrelevant by the end of April, so theres no reason why you shouldnt be wringing its neck within a few laps.

I'm a regular Inters-level rider, despite being fairly pedestrian to be honest. Inters, especially at Cadwell, and with Focussed Events, is pretty darned slow when compared to what levels you really ought to be aiming for your first race.

By this time all you DesmoDue boys would have done your CSS Lvl 4's, done up to half a dozen TDs already, and frankly be as fast as youve ever been.

There's no excuse for not being in the fast group by this time :P :P

Well there's your van down the chute buddy!!

[Edited on 3-2-2005 by tp-996]
Old 03-Feb-2005, 20:19
BSB Star

all these bloody experts everywhere!

i dont know, we are blessed.
Old 03-Feb-2005, 20:29
DSC Club Rep
Big Twin
Bikes: 848

mwhha... ha... ha.. ha.. ha..

Old 03-Feb-2005, 20:48
Big Twin

Mood: :-)
Quote:
dickieducati posted
all these bloody experts everywhere!
Remembering that the definition of "expert" is.....
Ex being something past its prime and spurt being a drip under pressure!!