Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 21-Aug-2003, 18:02
Mille

Mood: like a fresh jelly: Not Set
Eccles,

good stuff, I am officially most jealous!
Only consolation is that my bike has been painted Senna grey too.

Whereabouts in town are you? I'm down the A3 near Guildford, so if you fancy a ride sometime, let me know.

Cheers,

Simon
Old 21-Aug-2003, 21:46
Montjuic

Mood: p*$$ed off
Ducatimad - thanks for the info, I'll try and find out the OFFICIAL version of whether Termi's are included or not and then attempt to get some as part of the deal regardless!

Scaramanga - I'm just near Croydon which isn't too far from you so it would be good to go out for a blat sometime.

I had an ST4s on loan for a long weekend and absolutely loved the kick up the jacksy from the 996 engine but I think a 748 will still be a lot of bike for me. How do the 2 compare in your opinion?

Col
Old 22-Aug-2003, 09:25
Administrator
Webteam
MotoGP God
Bikes: 748S, HM1100S, V4SP, Was: DD-A #111

Mood: Passion Killer
Carbon/Race Termis are not included with the 748S model - they are only included on the R model, along with standard cans for when you're "riding it on the road" officer.

You should be able to pick some up, especially now that the summer has gone. Make sure you get the link pipe (aka balance pipe) as this short section on the right-hand side of the bike also needs to be replaced as this will mate the exhaust to the cans.
Old 22-Aug-2003, 09:54
Mille

Mood: like a fresh jelly: Not Set
Col,

I guess that the differences are that you have to work a little harder on the 748. I'd occaisionally be riding it, thinking that I could do with more power, then I'd start riding a bit closer to the redline and realise that it was plenty quick enough. 996 is gruntier and more immediate.

Cheers,

Simon

p.s. like Antonye says, you can pick up second hand Termis quite reasonably at the moment. Personally this is what I'd do (and did do with the E)
Old 22-Aug-2003, 18:31
Mille

Hey guys I just told you what came on my bike.

As standard with Ali 45mm road Termis. The R I believe does come with extra race cans.

Maybe I was just lucky?
Old 22-Aug-2003, 18:55
Mille

I bought a 01 spec 748s last year (5 spokers etc etc.) Got some second hand termis + JHP chip later on and absolutely love it.

Did Silverstone track day yesterday and had a good hoot. Lost out down the straights a bit to my mates 01 R6 but nearly cracked my lid with my smile taking him round the outside into the corners
That was pretty much the story of the day really - more fun than the other way round I guess!!

Good luck.
Jacko.
Old 22-Aug-2003, 22:15
Administrator
Webteam
MotoGP God
Bikes: 748S, HM1100S, V4SP, Was: DD-A #111

Mood: Passion Killer
Erm ... yes, my standard cans are alu Termis too, but *all* Ducati cans are made by Termignoni and will (should!) have the T-shape logo stamped into them.

When people talk about fitting Termis to their bike, they usually mean larger bore and carbon fibre race ones.

So the S model comes with standard (road legal) alu cans stamped with the Termi logo, but to let your bike breath you'll need to either upgrade to 45mm or 50mm "race" pipes which aren't road legal.

The R model came with standard alu Termi cans (as on the S) but came with the 50mm (I think, could be 45mm) carbon fibre "race" Termis included.
Old 26-Aug-2003, 11:26
Mille

Mood: Ducatiless, but got License back
ducatimad,

My 2001 748S came with the same cans as yours, but they are standard cans with the Termi logo engraved, not the carbon fibre jobbies. Thinks that is what the confussion is about.
Old 26-Aug-2003, 12:08
Montjuic

Hmm, interesting Antonye, does this apply to the whole range? My ST4 has "Arrow" stamped in the sleeve by the mounting bracket but they have all the standard Ducati (E numbers etc)
stuff on the outside where you can see it.

Paul.
Old 26-Aug-2003, 12:56
WSB Hero

Mood: Lurkin'.....
Ducati do source parts from lots of differant makers,so it could be.The DP exhausts are made by Termignoni,Sil Motor and Remus.