Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 06-May-2005, 12:37
Big Twin

Quote:
Originally posted by Desmondo
My other posts are just random crap and abuse spread about the rest of the forums

Funny how you build up a mental picure of people on here.... THAT much random crap and abuse eh!
Old 06-May-2005, 14:15
Big Twin

In all seriousness, I was speaking to a vertically challenged monster rider at Woods a couple of weeks ago. She has had the seat changed and various other mods including easy reach levers all done by Woods I believe.
Lady was from Shropshire area and had just arrived back from Holland trip on monster. Worth a call to Paul or Andy at Woods for prices?
Old 06-May-2005, 14:20
WSB Hero

Mood: Lurkin'.....
All the Monsters could be described as having a low seat height,although the newer bikes are higher.
The older bikes with the 888 derived frame are lower.('94-'01).That includes the 600,750 and 900.
The later bikes have an ST derived frame and are an inch or so taller.Does'nt sound much,but when you are as short as my missus,(5'2") its very important.Of the newer bikes,it is only the 620 Dark that retains the low seat.(No rising rate rear)
Ducati also list a lower seat in the DP catalogue that takes off another 20mm.Alternatively,I'm sure that "Master of Upholstery" Glyn could copy that for a lot less money!
Old 06-May-2005, 18:20
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Mood: www.knightroadraceteam.co.uk
Jamie,

My daughter is also same size as your young lady

she cant reach to 'paddle' my bike about, nor could she with my M750ie.
However, with my cut down seat, it is just a possibility, but she isnt too happy, as she can only 'dab' on one side or the other!

All the monsters with the later frames - the 888 ones, will be too tall, without mods - or a nice Ohlins which you can adjust the ride hieght with - just like Fatbloke in the UKMOC does (he is a short-arse too )
Becca neatly fits all the older bikes, including the m900, as they are all so much more adjustable on the loop arm.

Good luck,

C
Old 06-May-2005, 18:28
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: stiff and tired
How big is that cat???
Old 06-May-2005, 19:32
Ducati Corse

Mood: Tad more confident
Desmondo if it helps, I'm 5'5" with a 26" leg. I sat on His Lordships bike at cadwell when it had the std seat on. I still could not put both feet down
Old 08-May-2005, 09:56

Hi, I'm new to the site.
My girlfriend passed her test last July and bought an M600 Dark ('01 model), with a 33hp kit.

She nevey gained confidence and had a couple of 2mph spill's, these were partly down to the bulk/weight, lack of steering lock (making manouvering very awkward) and snatchy low speed running (particularly when cold).

She is about 5'4".

Five weeks later had a nasty spill, smashed the bike up, broken elbow etc....

The thing is she had loads of confidence on the CG125, we've now bought a Suzuki DR200 Dejabel, which despite being tall, she can manage a treat.

I'm running the Duke alongside the TRX (and 400/4...), hoping with a little experience she will be able to confidently manage the Monster.

Hope this help's,
Regards Phil
Old 08-May-2005, 11:21
Ducati Corse

Welcome Phil - hope you have more enjoyment from the Monster.
Old 09-May-2005, 11:46
Big Twin

Mood: :devil:
Cheers for all the input guys and girls.

Phil, we came to the same conclusion this weekend. Maybe spend a year or so on an easier bike to handle and then maybe move to a Monster if she wants to at a later date. Still....shouldn't stop me getting the S4R at some stage
Old 09-May-2005, 21:41
500SD

Mood: On top of the world
If it helps anyone - I sat on a new Cagiva Raptor 1000 at the weekend. Same designer as the Monster, the pedigree is obvious, TL1000 engine. The seat height is..... wait for it..... an impressively loooow 725mm. Thats a full 2" lower than the M620 Dark !!!