Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 18-Nov-2006, 19:56

Originally Posted by breakout
The 999 is dead long live the king, I agree this bike (1098) is as beautiful as the 999 is ugly.
The new bike has element in its design aesthetics of F4 MV (front fairing line viewed from the side and the swingarm) and the 916/998 series. the 999 has too many flat lines and side profile photos show the tank top seat and belly pan lines to be parrallel to each other and the ground, the 999 looks to be NOT dynamic (stationary;- not moving, dead) in photos.
The new 1098 will be loved by those that know (Ducati Enthusiasts) as the design is a natural design evolution of the 998R;- the 998R looks to be in motion even in still photos because of the lines running from low at the front to high at the back (just like jap bikes as copied from the 1993 916. Terre Blanche stopped me buying a 999r they are too ugly, sure if you try to like them, their appearence grows on you (slightly) but a 916 was born to complementary critical aclaim, it was "right" first time seen and will be 'right' in 50yrs time just like old classic cars look beautiful even now! BUT A 999 IS NOW GOING TO LOOK UGLY (even a R1 makes their design aesthetic look messy (silly side straiks,excessively busy nose cone, rediculous enormous aerodynamic side stand) I believe Teerre Blanche worked for Japan inc and was paid to bust Ducati; he needs to get a job at yamaha and mess their bikes up. I will say what I have seen is better looking than a 916, I wont even tell you how it stacks up against the 999, but will say the Factory has listened to the ducatasti, and now the king lives and ducati will not die (go broke) bloody brillant, and I will buy up the soon to be cheap 999s and throw the bodywork and keep the engines as spare for my 998R/996Rs. Ducati had to get rid of the last 998s to even start selling the 999 and then went into a worldwide sales slump; Duacti will dump the last 999 because they know when the 1098 hit the shops the 999 are going to be hard to give away, I am sorry for the 999 owners but this will be good for ducati and me; I will buy the R version when they are available, these bikes have a better aesthetic than even a desmodici they look more agressive the desmodici is too rounded doesnt look agressive looks slightly feminine like a triumph 955, I will buy this bike in preference to a desmodici. Breakout