Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 19-Feb-2012, 19:03

DTC (Streetfighter S)

Have just got in from a lil blat to Bury Hill and back. Such a lovely day I thought I'd try turning down the DTC a bit (was on level 6) so put it on to level 4. I still found it quite invasive and was wondering if any "S" owners bothered leaving it switched on at all or just turned it off entirely?
Old 19-Feb-2012, 19:08
MotoGP God
Bikes: 848, M620 DD bike

Mood: waiting...
I dont have one, but I'd be inclined to turn if off entirely and trust my wrist; not like its -3 or 6" of water everywhere
Old 19-Feb-2012, 20:18

it has def proved its worth in the slippy conditions over the winter thats for sure. When I get it to Brands Hatch I'll have a proper play with its level settings to see how much difference it makes in a controlled environment. I think I'll drop it to level 3 for my next ride.
Old 19-Feb-2012, 21:25
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Again no experience of using one myself but after talking to various owners that have either DTC or Bazaz TC it does seem about customising the setting for your style and conditions. so experimenting is the only way to work out whats best for you where and when

Checkout the Desmo Due Paddock on Facebook
Old 20-Feb-2012, 11:52
500SD
Bikes: 899

Mood: Optomistic
I messed around with mine at Cadders last year but I had a very worn out rear as well!
I turned it to try to reduce wheelies over the mountain it, apparently it don't do that

Also noticed that coming out of corners such as barn, it just kept on working so turned it down and it was much better but then found it was the tyre sliding around. Unfortunately never got to try it again nextday with new rubber as it broke

On the road it usually comes on when there is some grip issues such as gravel and slippery surfaces but still almost had me off outside Loomies, but reckon that was more cold tyre as it was January
Old 20-Feb-2012, 16:01

It has nearly thrown me over the bars a couple of times coming on when going over bumpy surfaces. Did your DTC fail then at Cadwell or did your bike breakdown?
Old 20-Feb-2012, 16:04
500SD
Bikes: 899

Mood: Optomistic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Womble247
It has nearly thrown me over the bars a couple of times coming on when going over bumpy surfaces. Did your DTC fail then at Cadwell or did your bike breakdown?

That sounds like something is wrong as it really should not do that! I tend to be careful on the throttle so not a usual thing to get the bike out of shape.

No the bike broke down with the radiator splitting. A known problem but very dissapointing to say the least.
Old 20-Feb-2012, 16:52

I bet, hope you got it fixed with minimum hassel
Old 26-Mar-2012, 17:40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukeman358
That sounds like something is wrong as it really should not do that! I tend to be careful on the throttle so not a usual thing to get the bike out of shape.

No the bike broke down with the radiator splitting. A known problem but very dissapointing to say the least.
I had my suspension set up over at Crescent Motorcycles on Saturday and that seems to have stopped it pitching me over the front, seems my front rebound and compression damping had been wound right off so the only thing doing anything on the front was the springs. The ride home felt loads better and even with the traction control kicking in there was no diving of the front to throw me forward
Just as a point of interest, Crescent only charge £35 for the suspension set up, compared to P&H charging around £100 for the same I am well chuffed, nice and friendly there too.
I am taking the bike to Brands for a trackday on the 12th April so will play more with the DTC then and try turning it off etc as well. To be honest I don't think it is really needed in dry conditions if you know how to respect the throttle, just seems a waste to spend so much money on a bike and then turn off the toys that bumped up its price in the first place lol