Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 14-Dec-2004, 13:24
BSB Star

Mood: the rain in spain falls mainly on me!
funky.
Old 14-Dec-2004, 13:31
Administrator
Webteam
MotoGP God
Bikes: 748S, HM1100S, V4SP, Was: DD-A #111

Mood: Passion Killer
Quote:
Originally posted by dickieducati
you recon you'll make it out of the holding area ok ??

What makes you think your bike will after I've had a quick fiddle with it?
Old 14-Dec-2004, 13:54
BSB Star

Mood: the rain in spain falls mainly on me!
Quote:
Originally posted by antonye
[What makes you think your bike will after I've had a quick fiddle with it?

toooooo much information
Old 14-Dec-2004, 17:19
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: ooooh
Quote:
Originally posted by Iconic944ss

I'm not having having a dig at anyone but carrying the argument to extreme are we looking forward to fairing bashing, carving up into corners and ultimately taking anyone else's line regardless of the consequences.

There is no such thing as your line in racing, if you give someone one mm of trak they will take it, even if you don't give it they will take it ! Ask weeksy about someone taking his line exiting gerards at Mallory

Back to the cost now folk realise it could be expensive I'll show what I spent this year

Already had the bike an RS250, also had a van and caravan and everything else to do with racing.
Bought wets and wheels £400
2 sets of tyres £350
Entries to 8 meetings approx £1200
Fuel, food etc £600

So that's under £3k, it is possible you just have to be very careful or a natural tight bastid like me. And having done this year this way I have set a budget for next year which I won't exceed barring repairs. It's the only way to race and not bankrupt yourself.

The control tyre is a brilliant idea, if only you would race proper motorbikes I'd be interested
Old 14-Dec-2004, 17:20
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: ooooh
Oh and Nige's post is about spot on for costs
Old 14-Dec-2004, 18:25
Ducati Corse
Bikes: 1098

Mood: Chilled
Delete the thread i say

censor it as it is only in the interest of the desmo due boys!!! and not relavent to those of us who aint racing!!!!
Old 14-Dec-2004, 18:50
DSC Club Member
Ducati in my Blood
Bikes: 1100S Multistrada, 450RT, Gilera Nordwest, Bultaco Frontera, Rickman Metisse-being built!

Mood: Growing old-DISGRACEFULLY!
"Thanks mate, I'd like clarification of this - as I don't want to be spending the whole weekend away.

I'd ideally turn up the night before, qualify in the morning and race in the pm (fall off). This probably sounds unrealistic, but I can hope!"

Not at all unrealistic mate-it's what Johnny B and I did most of this season.
To Re-confirm and to save you all searching the whole posting for info:

The first event at Cadwell we have arranged for a special practice session for Desmodue racers after the main racing-this is not compulsary, but a generally good idea since I doubt that many, or even any of you have ridden the Cadwell Woodland circuit-I know I haven't.
The actual timed practice and 2 races are on the Sunday-so theoretically you could turn up 7am Sunday, get your bike and kit through scrutineering, go out for your timed practice sometime between 9.00 and 10.00, and then do your 2 races during the day. In between all this you will be feeling sick, running to the toilet every 15 minutes, trying to get something to eat down your throat without actually BEING sick, checking the bike constantly, wondering what you have forgotten-oh yes-and runing to the toilet again........
Racing-natures best laxative-it always has been with me anyway.

I used to race windsurfers on a national circuit, much the same as bikes it involves lots of carbon and kevlar, special clothing, massive expense, weekends away (it usually rains!) and collisions are very expensive-the only difference is falling off just means getting wet-oh yes and there was usually more than 100 starters on the same line.............

Cadwell is the only one of our rounds where you may benefit from being there both days and even then turning up at lunchtime Saturday should be fine since you won't be on track until late afternoon.

"if only you would race proper motorbikes I'd be interested"

Hmmmm, 'proper motorbikes' eh couchcommando-if that involves avgas and castrol 747 you should come and play with us-see my avatar.

John

[Edited on 14-12-2004 by Monty]
Old 14-Dec-2004, 19:07
DSC Club Rep
Ducati Corse
Bikes: Monster 1100 EVO

Mood: I'm A Grandad again :-)
[quote]Originally posted by uncledunnie

To me, an opportunity has been provided by the DSC for primarily novice racers to test the water in club racing with their much loved Ducati's at a grass roots level in an environment they are comfortable and confident with (DSC) with the help and support of alot of very experienced people which I understand now extends to Ducati themselves. [quote]

Here we go
As Uncledunnie said, it is a series for novice racers coming up from trackdays, why not make the series for 1st year novices ony???, no clubman racers etc( sorry Kev).

Chris.

[Edited on 14-12-2004 by chris.p]
Old 14-Dec-2004, 20:25
DSC Club Member
Ducati in my Blood
Bikes: 1100S Multistrada, 450RT, Gilera Nordwest, Bultaco Frontera, Rickman Metisse-being built!

Mood: Growing old-DISGRACEFULLY!
By the way folks, 'Dave the storeman' from JHP is actually Dave from parts-and that IS who he is-he has raced twice and apparently fell off both times so he is NOT a 'ringer'

John
Old 14-Dec-2004, 21:41
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
I don't mind getting excluded Chris, shame the entry form went in the post over 4hrs ago along with my North Glos membership. New Era membership and ACU licence renewal tomorrow.

It would save me a packet (at least £2K) if I'm not supporting this by entering it.

I will still be racing somewhere with one of my current bikes. Which would free me up for Thruxton on Oct 8th although I would still be at Castle Combe and Donington for two days(North Glos race there the following day).

Who else will be excluded ? Members that have just joined to take advantage of a Series set up by our club. (Came up in conversation with fellow DSC members last weekend and it didn't come from me).

Out of interest how many grid slots aare spoken for so far.

Kev