Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 10-Oct-2006, 16:49
Big Twin

Mood: renegade sexy racer
ETR 69 season sum up

Click image for larger version Name:	cups.JPG Views:	446 Size:	47.5 KB ID:	1478ETR 69 season sum up.

I don’t know were to start saying thanks to everyone that has helped me in my first years racing. I think I will start with the club it’s self as without joining I would never have even known about DD or got to know anyone in the first place. I went to the first round of DD at Cadwell as a spectator and remember watching a grid of mainly novice racers struggling to find their starting positions. I watched in that first year as they turned in to professional and determined racers. This year the top guys have become the equal in lap times of a man they and I thought was doing something every special on a DD bike with road tiers. (The Spencer)

I would like to thank this years top 583 runners for excepting me getting in their way wile trying to catch up with the pace of the top ten 620 racers. I would like to thank Ant and Mark for helping me feel part of a team even though at times I have got above my rookie status as number two rider and interfered with their championship goals. I would like to thank Mitch at Tecmoto for the support and hope he will continue to help me in 2007. Roger, Gary, Simon and Georgia, my pit hecklers for continually telling me how good the others are and that I need to grow some bigger gonads. I would like to thank Ruthie for her support of the Tecmoto team this year and finally I would like to thank God for letting me exit the track at only the best places to exercise my unequalled talent for gardening whilst riding a bike. I still remember the Rugby ACU test were the guy teaching us said. You will ride faster than you ever have, you will fall off and it will hurt. You must except this now and not kid yourself that you will get away with it. I consider myself a very lucky racer but I did try as hard as possible at nearly every round to get it over and done with. Somehow I finished in every race at every round lol. This last round I failed to pip my ever improving rival Dickie, well done mate, we will no doubt be at it again next year. I knew I should of let the grim reaper by in that first race but I was just so overjoyed to be dicing with him I couldn’t stop me self. I hope I have been entertaining to watch for the general public and the DSC folk that come to see us having a go out there.

Things I learnt this year.

The DD paddock is the only place to spend one weekend a month.
Pirelli Diablo’s must be the best standard road tier ever made.
Shell keeps you well lubed.
Racing is the ultimate test of yourself.
I am addicted to it and can see the addiction in everyone else.
Dom is a **** and gifted.
The old man is a star and needs to stay indoors now.
Fil2 needs to worry about his debts at the end of next year when he wins the A class. You know it makes sense.
I can go faster than I think.
I am part of something special which is priceless.
New blood is on its way, good luck to you all. When you line up on the grid next year you will know who you are and were you are. It may not be as good as you think but as long as you can except it and then try to learn from the talent in front, you will enjoy every minuet.

Things I haven’t learnt.

Braking references
Bow control
My limits
Anyone’s limits, still getting faster at the front.
My lap time at Assen in 2007 with a six speed slipper clutch turbo nutter ******* DD Tecmoto special Silver dream racer.
How Griff stayed on for Two hole races.
How to get my hands on some real DD cups. (forget it smutty)

ETR 69 will be back next year with the gas turned up to max and charging, you all know I’m coming.

Good wishes to everyone over the closed session. Don’t do anything I wouldn’t do.

TP work hard do what you’ve got to do and get your ass out hear. You promised to give mine a good kicking. You are DD party boy. Ozz get this man a bike.

Nearly forgot me cups, What a finish

And I would like to thank my wife Sue, Dam I should of put that in before. Any doctors in tonight I think I'm going to need one when I fall asleep.

Last edited by ericthered40 : 10-Oct-2006 at 21:01.
Old 10-Oct-2006, 16:57
Cucciolo
Ducati in my Blood
Bikes: 848 Evo Corse

Mood: Waiting for the revolution!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered40
TP work hard do what you’ve got to do and get your ass out hear. You promised to give mine a good kicking. You are DD party boy. Ozz get this man a bike.

You never know....
Old 10-Oct-2006, 16:58
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: ooooh
Boy do you waffle on Well done fella I enjoyed our battles and your 'special' line at Park corner
Old 10-Oct-2006, 17:00
WSB Hero

Mood: www.cantbearsed.co.uk
Great post fella - and Happy Christmas
Old 10-Oct-2006, 17:05
BSB Star

Mood: the rain in spain falls mainly on me!
yep eric, you had a great year for your first season. i enjoyed all our battles. i think we'll both be battling further up the front next season. i for one cant wait. well done that man!
Old 10-Oct-2006, 17:07
Big Twin

Mood: Ducati-less!
Nice write up
Old 10-Oct-2006, 17:19
Ducati Corse

Mood: is it still wet
great write up m8...well done.......

I can still see your huge peering eyes !!! your arms waving madly pointing out the woodsy tyre marks on yer leathers at snetterton...class
Old 10-Oct-2006, 17:23
Ducati Corse

great write up Eric

congrats on getting the 2 'best finishing' novice trophies in the 620 class on Sunday mate

Also to Andy Shep & Griff for the best novices in 583 too
Old 10-Oct-2006, 17:32
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: 916 Senna, 748RS Corse, 1098s Race

Mood: walking on sunshine.....
Nice one Eric, been great out playing with you all season...you never put a foot wrong when battling with me.

Keep the tyre marks on your leathers as a souvenir of our battles, roll on next year.

Well deserved top novice award.
Old 10-Oct-2006, 17:33
Big Twin

Mood: renegade sexy racer
Quote:
Originally Posted by fil2
great write up m8...well done.......

I can still see your huge peering eyes !!! your arms waving madly pointing out the woodsy tyre marks on yer leathers at snetterton...class

I will sleep without the drugs one day

Bloody Australians, no respect