Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 30-Apr-2006, 12:02
Mille

748 Clutch slave cylinder

I have just put my 748 Bip on the rioad, and the clutch slave cylinder has started to leak, which I understand is a common problem. On removeing the cylinder to replace the seal I have noticed a witness mark on the cut out part of the flange. It seems to far away from the chain to have been caused by that, but can see no obvious cause.

I have tried to arttach a pic of the cylinder. The mark is near my pinkie fingernail.

Any ideas?

Douglas
Old 30-Apr-2006, 12:14
Mille
Bikes: 748R, ZXR 400

Mood: Glad to be back down south.
No idea what mark is, but I've got a new type cyl for sale (betta made, off a 2002 R) yours for £35.00 plus p+p, it will need the new type pushrod too though.
cheers.
Old 30-Apr-2006, 15:19
Mille
Bikes: 748R, ZXR 400

Mood: Glad to be back down south.
Just looked at bike. that'll be the chain (with sprocket) that has moved along the gearbox output shaft. Chances are, if this was a used bike when you purchased it, that it'll be an old scar, but it's woth checking the tightness of the two locking bolts (don't forget the threadlock if you do them up at any time). Offer still stands for the replacement. U2u me if ness.