Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 14-Jun-2006, 09:54
Big Twin

Mood: http://www.knightroadraceteam.co.uk
Quote:
Originally Posted by fil2
let it heal properly m8...dont rush to get on track and perhaps inflict long-term damage..it is after all only a club race series and your health is far more important.....the last you thing you want is the risk of another " off " with an already weak wrist...

Phil

I would listen to phil.......I done this myself,I broke my radius, and gave it four half weeks before my next meeting..
second race out, had a big highside and broke it again..it took over 8 weeks to heal.
and its still not right now.....

Last edited by stumpy1 : 14-Jun-2006 at 10:59.
Old 14-Jun-2006, 11:54
DSC Club Member
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Wet wet wet
Griff, tough break mate - did you land on it again when you got spat off in the warm-up?
If you're right-handed I'd give as long as possible to heal - we only race 14 times in a year, but you want plenty more years use of the wrist!
But there again if I could qualify 3.5 sec quicker than the rest of the field I'd want to be out at Oulton......

Paul

15th year in DD #68 and getting slower by the year

1199, SS800 & 620SSie DD racer
Old 14-Jun-2006, 13:28
Mille

Mood: 1st,start to finish
Hi Paul
Thanfully didn,t land on it again the second time so it was already broken.
Don,t think its abad fracture really.Crack across the end of the big bone and the tip has come of the other,but doctor chap said there not bothered about that bit.
More peed off about the nature of the failure on Saturday and all that hard work from everyone on Saturday wasted by a stupid MGB part!on Sunday

Congrats on your Saturday victory Paul,you looked good from the inside of Quarry.I hopr that felt special
Old 14-Jun-2006, 14:16
Big Twin

Mood: Ducati-less!
When I did mine it was about 6 weeks until it was properly ready to go again. It just gets really skinny and weak in the cast. Try not to use it for a bit, let those bones heal, then do all the exercises you can to loosen it back up once the casts off
Old 14-Jun-2006, 14:38
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
It depends how bad the break is to how long you can expect it to heal. I only do bad breaks, so i'm usually in hospital for weeks/months, quickest recovery for me was when I broke my collar bone I was back at work after 5 weeks.
I understand laser treatment helps get the bones to knit together quicker for a speedy recovery, never tried it myself but know a racer that use to go that route and following his crash on Saturday when he came off on the oil left by Simon Knowlson's 748RS going bang and leaving Simon with a broken leg, then he may be going that route again.

As Ali said cancel the practice and keep the race entry for now if you have already entered, if you haven't you could always leave it to a late entry if you feel up to it

Checkout the Desmo Due Paddock on Facebook
Old 14-Jun-2006, 14:49
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Mood: MT Meglomaniac
My wife has recently been daignosed with MS. Now that it has been confirmed she is able to visit her MS therapy centre for treatment. One of the first treatments that she's had is 'hyperbaric oxygen treatment' which she just started this week. Basically consists of going into a 'decompression chamber' like divers use, getting pressurised and then breathing pure oxygen for an hour. Apparently, this concentration of oxygen in the blood helps bones, wounds and scar tissue repair itself up to 5 times quicker than normal.

The chamber at my wifes MS therapy centre is naturally prioritised for MS sufferers, but apparently is also available for people suffering from other ailments...so if you could persuade your GP to write you a ticket ???????

The Patent Jools Mood Meter -Today I am:

___________^
Old 14-Jun-2006, 14:51
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Mood: www.knightroadraceteam.co.uk
thats good that is jools.
c had that to repair her back it worked wonders