Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 04-Jun-2009, 01:56
500SD

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeleyG50
I always suspected that Steve Mason #41............but thought he was just a small, harmless, Scottish, ginger person.............didn't realise he held such sway at Castle Combe.............. We can nobble him at Mallory....

Free the masons
Old 04-Jun-2009, 03:10
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradders
just checked the CC website, seems every other weds is a bike td...think I may have to do one of those! havent done CC before and its a close as any track to me

May do the same sometime, last time I popped down I knew 3 of the instructours having raced against them with North Glos and all 3 have raced Ducatis in recent years,

So if you go look out for Simon Knowlson, Brian Jaques and Rob Jones, Simon's the very very quick one although the others aren't exactly slow, anybody remeber the old guy on the 996 in SoT at Pembrey last year, that was Brian and Rob was the one I was helping at the Superbike Grand National there a few years back

Checkout the Desmo Due Paddock on Facebook
Old 04-Jun-2009, 11:55
Big Twin

Noise limits Bedford Autodrome

It's the same at the above, monitors are on the trackside linked directly to the local council offices, when it goes over 3 times in a session they have to pull the session/ black flag the offender in order to keep the permissions.
Old 04-Jun-2009, 13:39
500SD

Quote:
Originally Posted by gordonparker
It's the same at the above, monitors are on the trackside linked directly to the local council offices, when it goes over 3 times in a session they have to pull the session/ black flag the offender in order to keep the permissions.

Hmmm...not to mention the Assen trackday last year!!!! The DD'ers must have been a site to see for the Dutch officials etc, with their fizzy drink cans fastened to the ends of their exhaust pipes...lol Coming out of the dead slow corner up the back straight I found myself having to avoid the bits of tin that had been blown clean off the end of a pipe...
Anyway to explain, the noise limit that day was 88db, if i remember rightly, with an alarm straight to the council....
Old 04-Jun-2009, 15:14
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastfasulli
the noise limit that day was 88db, if i remember rightly, with an alarm straight to the council....

Yep the paperwork says 88dBA at the Veenslang

It wasn't only coke cans that needed to be dodged but also a few wayward dB killers

Checkout the Desmo Due Paddock on Facebook
Old 04-Jun-2009, 15:27
MotoGP God
Bikes: 848, M620 DD bike

Mood: waiting...
it was 98 static tho, 88 drive by wasnt it? ironically, mine would have passed the test anyway!!
Old 04-Jun-2009, 16:59
Big Twin

Mood: If you ain't first, you're last!
Well,

At least it's given everyone something to talk about, been a bit quiet on here recently!

I'm not a troublemaker...honest guv!

It would appear that the circuit is under severe NIMBY rule..poor beggars.

I still think that he could have just sent an email explaining that I could go on as long as my bike passed noise regs.

Guess that's what I get for being a bit up myself when I wrote the email.

Aaaahhhh, life eh.