Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 13-Feb-2005, 13:47
BSB Star

Mood: Has change happened...must of missed it!
999 not for you mate? Go on then, turn your back on the current wsb winning bike, all that bling and history.....go for an Aprillia !

I think youll regret it........just my opinion. Is there an aprillia site..surely there are the regular posts on that concerning the same problems?
Old 13-Feb-2005, 13:51
888 at Last !!!

Quote:
Originally posted by octo
Have just spent a hour or so reading some current posts and some historic ones and the feeling I get is that the 999 is just one big long headache. I'll still take the 999S on a testride, but my I think my mind is made up....

I dont want a bike that spends more time in a garage confusing mechanics than at does between my legs.

RA

Hey take it easy.... yep the Aprilia might be more reliable in general but from what i've heard the Ducs are getting better and better so don't take a tree for the forest.
If after the two test ridding you end up prefering the 999S go for it.

Just let me know what are your impressions about both bikes.
Old 13-Feb-2005, 14:11
BSB Star

Mood: the rain in spain falls mainly on me!
when i first bought a ducati (916 bip) i also rode an aprilia for comparison and the aprilia did feel good and i was sure i could go quicker on that than the duke. it was also better value.
but getting off the aprilia back at the dealer and seeing the ducati; there was no choice. it just has that x factor. it has history, racing pedigree and something you just cant put your finger on. i think that is true for alot of ducati owners. its not just about the quickest, lightest or cheapest bike. otherwise we'd all be on jap crap.
for some they will never understand the feeling you get riding a ducati, or being part of a club like this.
what ever decision you make. enjoy.
Old 13-Feb-2005, 14:12

Quote:
Originally posted by andybcurrent wsb winning bike

but its not though is it?! Do you work in marketing? The 999 you ride out of the showroom is not the 999 James & Neil ride, is it, it's basically a totally different animal.

Just like my WRX is not the WRX Solberg drives, his is a bit more expensive than mine, and he's a slightly better driver...
Old 13-Feb-2005, 14:15
BSB Star

Mood: the rain in spain falls mainly on me!
true, but you know what he means.

to own a ducati is a passion.

to own an aprilia is i guess to own an aprilia.
Old 13-Feb-2005, 14:22
888 at Last !!!

Quote:
Originally posted by dickieducati
true, but you know what he means.

to own a ducati is a passion.

to own an aprilia is i guess to own an aprilia.

For an Aprilia fan to own an Apirlia is a passion, just like owning a Duc is a passion for a Duc fan.
Old 13-Feb-2005, 14:27
BSB Star

I think youll find all the wsb race parts fit straight on to your showroom 999 if so desired.!

And, the development strategy of ducati filters down to the road bikes within months...look at the swingarm, fairing nose etc!
They are a dam site closer than the japenese stuffs development. Or Aprillia...they aint even in the competition anymore.mind you, would you want their race development stuff..

Old 13-Feb-2005, 14:28
Ducati Corse

octo ...

Don't make your mind up without trying that 998 testastretta engine - it's going to amaze you with the way it launches you out of corners Don't forget that Aprilla have had their problems too ...
Old 13-Feb-2005, 14:29
BSB Star

Good on you for sticking with Italian bikes though mate.....its just the Aprilia is a bit like the poor relation!
Old 13-Feb-2005, 14:52
GTL

Mood: me in a mood? NEVER!
if we all liked the same thing then there wouldn't be this discusion going on now. dont just look at the performance of the both bikes cos half the time you cant use it any way. look at all your options, then report back. we all want to hear your decision now.