Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 06-May-2005, 12:19
Administrator
Webteam
MotoGP God
Bikes: 748S, HM1100S, V4SP, Was: DD-A #111

Mood: Passion Killer
In all seriousness, the monster seat is quite low and they've been built to be very stable at low speeds (low CofG, which is why all the DD racers are dropping the forks through the yokes!) so they actually don't feel like they're going to fall over at any point.

You can change stuff like the rideheight on them too, and as Jools says I think you can even get a shorter seat. If not, you could always spend about 50-70 quid and get the seat repadded to make it shorter which is another popular way of making the seat lower.

The bikes can feel heavier than something like a CG125 that you start with, but they're pretty confidence inspiring little machines and feel like a big bike. And they're plenty fast enough!

But I'm sure we're talking a few months away as yet until she's had some lessons and passed her test anyway.
Old 06-May-2005, 12:19
BSB Star

Quote:
Originally posted by Desmondo
Hi people, I don't normally venture in here but was wondering if you could swing some advice my way. My girlfriend seems quite intersted in passing her test and getting on a motorbike. My obvious choice is to stick with a Duke. Now, the problem is that she's small, as in 4'11" AND A HALF (the half is very important ) and she weighs only 7.5 stone.

So, would the Monster be a good choice? I've not ever sat on a Monster so not sure about seat height etc. Also would it be too heavy to push around?

My plan would be to get a 600 for me to use on the road (I only use my 996 on track) and then when she's ready she could use the 600 whilst I go for something a bit more potent, probably the S4R.

So, just general thoughts on little people and monsters really

A mate of mines G/Friend has a monnie 600, she's slightly shorter than Welshie. She could only fit the older 600's, as the frame changed at some stage. She had tiny legs mind. 3x lowered the backend couple inches, so she could flat foot as such.
Old 06-May-2005, 12:20
BSB Star

Quote:
Originally posted by DIBBLE
Quote:
Originally posted by Flanks
Nice pussy mate!

you can't say that ....!!!!!

I did! So i must be able to!

[Edited on 6-5-2005 by Flanks]
Old 06-May-2005, 12:21
Big Twin

Hiya, we got my missus a 620 Monster. Not sure about different models, but be aware that the frames changed throught the years with some being the ST frame I beleive.

The one we chose was a 2003 M620Sie, because the S model that year came with an "independent ride height adjuster". They might all have those now, but I'll let someone else correct me.

Kirst is 5'2 3/4" (I know just how important that 3/4" is!), and she has the ride height adjuster down on it's lowest. Not sure if that really affects the handling .. feels fine to me when I get used to the change from the 749 to the Monnie.

Bottom line is, she can just about get her feet down enough to paddle it about. The Monster is not a lightweight bike, but carries its weight slung low (like me! hehehe) so it's not really an issue. She says she is very happy with it anyway. The bike I mean.

If you are going to be the BMF then hunt us down in the DSC tent where Kirst's "Bloo Dook" will be on display. Your good lady is welcome to sling her leg over and see if it suits her.

(love the ready for work look, btw)

[Edited on 6-5-2005 by HW]
Old 06-May-2005, 12:22
MotoGP God

Mood: 749 racebike MGP
This thread is just ripe for the picking!
Old 06-May-2005, 12:23
Big Twin

Quote:
Originally posted by TP
I've tried hard to resist all the monster hanging low jokes ... aarrgghh

OK .... I didn't try hard enough I guess.

Old 06-May-2005, 12:23
Dibble

Quote:
Originally posted by TP
This thread is just ripe for the picking!

bit like Desmondo was at the school gates ...........
Old 06-May-2005, 12:25
Big Twin

Mood: :devil:
Cheers for the (serious) input from some of you guys

Nah, this won't be happening for a fair few months yet and maybe not until next year. But I was just wondering how viable an option it would be. There's plenty of Monsters we can take a look at and sit on so I'll go from there when the time comes.
Old 06-May-2005, 12:26
Big Twin

Quote:
Originally posted by Desmondo
Hi people, I don't normally venture in here....

You don't? Nearly 3500 posts says otherwise!

[Edited on 6-5-2005 by HW]
Old 06-May-2005, 12:33
Big Twin

Mood: :devil:
The Monsters section

My other posts are just random crap and abuse spread about the rest of the forums