Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 27-Jun-2005, 16:47
Ducati Corse

Thats why they dont allow antifreeze in race bikes Henry, only plain water.
Old 27-Jun-2005, 16:56
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Mood: www.knightroadraceteam.co.uk
Quote:
Originally posted by HW
[
Exactly. Good recommendation for R&G crash bungs then me thinks!

R & G? - they certainly helped me out yesterday!
Old 27-Jun-2005, 17:00
Mille

Sorry Henry, I dropped the coolant. It felt like about 5 mins from when I crashed & dumped coolant until yourself & a Buell joining me by the side of the track. realistically it was probably about 30 seconds.

As I Approached the first apex of Riches I attempted to reduce my speed as I had misjudged my entry into the bend & did not want to collide with Redruth, the bike chucked me off very violently. While is was thrown around I was convinced I had taken Ruth with me, I was very relieved when coming to a standstill she was knowhere to be seen. When I returned to the paddock I discovered I had given her a nasty whack in the back.

I will shortly be offering for sale my trackday entry at Brands GP next Monday. Damage to myself, bike & lid & work commitments will not allow me to attend the trackday. Whatever I get for the day I will split between yourself, the Buell Rider & Ruth as a small token of goodwill.

I must admit I was surprised you where not aware I was the offender of dropping the coolant. I met and spoke to you after you returned from the medical centre as I was obviously very concerned for you. I also spoke to you a bit later in the day.

Sorry to hear you ankle is still tender but glad nothing is broken as was supected by medical centre.

Very Sorry - Martin.
Old 27-Jun-2005, 17:07
Big Twin

Quote:
Originally posted by 748mart
Sorry Henry, I dropped the coolant. It felt like about 5 mins from when I crashed & dumped coolant until yourself & a Buell joining me by the side of the track. realistically it was probably about 30 seconds.

As I Approached the first apex of Riches I attempted to reduce my speed as I had misjudged my entry into the bend & did not want to collide with Redruth, the bike chucked me off very violently. While is was thrown around I was convinced I had taken Ruth with me, I was very relieved when coming to a standstill she was knowhere to be seen. When I returned to the paddock I discovered I had given her a nasty whack in the back.

I will shortly be offering for sale my trackday entry at Brands GP next Monday. Damage to myself, bike & lid & work commitments will not allow me to attend the trackday. Whatever I get for the day I will split between yourself, the Buell Rider & Ruth as a small token of goodwill.

I must admit I was surprised you where not aware I was the offender of dropping the coolant. I met and spoke to you after you returned from the medical centre as I was obviously very concerned for you. I also spoke to you a bit later in the day.

Sorry to hear you ankle is still tender but glad nothing is broken as was supected by medical centre.

Very Sorry - Martin.

Hi Martin, I'm glad to hear you are OK. Kirst said she thought you might be suffering more than you let on.

Yes, I knew you dropped the coolant, but I was not going to be telling tales. I figured you'd tell your own story if and when you wanted to.

As for tokens of good will, none needed. As I said, it happens. My costs were pretty low as I got off lightly. The Buell might take a bit more though.

See you again no doubt.

[Edited on 27-6-2005 by HW]
Old 27-Jun-2005, 23:23
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Smiley and waiting for the sunshine
Glad every one is ok...Sorry to hear what happened Henry...Doesn't look too bad though and if you need any fairing repairs you know who to call on...sigh
Old 28-Jun-2005, 00:57
Bevel Head

Mood: to ride new metal !
hiya hw
v2 pete , we met at cadwell a couple of weeks ago on a no limits trackday
glad to hear you are ok mate after your spill
minor damage to your bike also
gws

v2 pete
Old 28-Jun-2005, 01:01
Big Twin

Quote:
Originally posted by kwikbitch
Glad every one is ok...Sorry to hear what happened Henry...Doesn't look too bad though and if you need any fairing repairs you know who to call on...sigh

Thanks Lisa.

Are you back running after your mishap now? Not seen you in a while, in fact not since BMF.
Old 28-Jun-2005, 01:04
Big Twin

Quote:
Originally posted by V2 PETE
hiya hw
v2 pete , we met at cadwell a couple of weeks ago on a no limits trackday
glad to hear you are ok mate after your spill
minor damage to your bike also
gws

v2 pete

Hi pete, I shall be fine for TA4 in July. Might even treat the bike to a paintjob for then too. I stand out in the crowd a bit on a DSC day - on the NO Limits days there were loads of white fairings!

(spot the sore thumb!)
Old 28-Jun-2005, 01:34
Bevel Head

Mood: to ride new metal !
i see you like to stand out in a crowd !!!
i bet your going for a ... let me guess .... red paint scheme....???
im thinking of doin a race rep to my trackday panels , but nothing too flash
hopefully see you at ta 4 in july !
Old 28-Jun-2005, 11:03
Big Twin

Quote:
Originally posted by V2 PETE
i see you like to stand out in a crowd !!!
i bet your going for a ... let me guess .... red paint scheme....???
im thinking of doin a race rep to my trackday panels , but nothing too flash
hopefully see you at ta 4 in july !

Yes red. Had to be really, and it IS the fastest colour after all!

I was thinking of a race rep - plenty of sticker kits on fleaBay for very little money.