Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 13-Jul-2005, 00:49
WSB Hero
Bikes: 1993 - 944SS & Aprilia Falco

Good topic and one that I'm acutely aware of after a slow Trackday at Croft today. I find myself trying to get the bike 'on its side' reasonably quickly but since I dont know the bike's maximun lean angle I seem to end up slowing down too much and using the lean that I need for my 'slower' speed.

I guess any new skill is hard to learn.

Still - things have improved...I can now take Sunny In/Out as one continuous curve instead of the 50pence garbage that I first did when I went to Croft, so I think theres hope yet !!!

Cheers - Frank
Old 13-Jul-2005, 00:51
MotoGP God

Mood: 749 racebike MGP
Quote:
Originally posted by ericthered40
I have only had this at Coram. I didn’t get it at brands anywhere.
It wasn’t a fight just a lode on the inside bar. It’s a long fast bend were you can run wide on the exit.
With no impute on the inside bar the bike would have run out before I wanted it to, so I was accelerating but still trying to hold the line in for long enough to make the exit.
I know what you mean about relaxing after the steering impute and rolling back on the throttle and the bike going were you want but round there it didn’t go were I wanted without this inside bar thing.

If it helps Eric, I had exactly the same thing at Snet but at Riches, not Coram. I really thought about it between the track day and qualifying to try and figure out why it was different to everywhere else and the only think I could think of was me being tense on the bike.

I made a huge effort to relax through there in the untimed practice and guess what - it stopped. It was me being tense on the bike. Only in Riches, nowhere else. Something about that corner was making me tense and it wasn't anywhere else.

Something to think about?
Old 13-Jul-2005, 01:04
Big Twin

Mood: renegade sexy racer
It did get to the stage were I new it was coming and it did so I was a bit tense