Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 21-Jan-2004, 11:22
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Is 112 dB loud enough?? What??
Desmondo: When I look at the event entry there is a "more info" link. It doesn't seem to work.
Old 21-Jan-2004, 12:47
Big Twin

Mood: :devil:
The "More Details" link is for adding a website address that has details of the event. This could be either the trackday organiser, link to a trackday thread on these forums or a link to the race series promoter/organisation. We can only use the details that are supplied when you add the event. I've found the link to the NEMCRC (http://www.nemcrc.co.uk/) so I'll add it to your dates.

EDITED : I've just seen that you had included the web address. It's just that the "http://" part was missing so the page wasn't opened properly. All corrected now.

[Edited on 21-1-2004 by Desmondo]
Old 21-Jan-2004, 13:09
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Is 112 dB loud enough?? What??
Thanks, Des. I figured I mucked it up somehow.
Old 21-Jan-2004, 13:25
Big Twin

Mood: :devil:
Well it wasn't really your fault mate, you had included the website address. However I know now that it must have http:// in front of it to work properly
Old 05-Mar-2004, 10:38
Administrator
Webteam
MotoGP God
Bikes: 748S, HM1100S, V4SP, Was: DD-A #111

Mood: Passion Killer
Just a reminder guys - this is a track day calendar for DSC Members, and not a general track day calendar!

We will add events which DSC members are attending. Anything else will just be rejected.

We've had a lot of events submitted which are just all the days where a particular company are running a trackday, and that's not what it is for!

As Desmondo says, please include your Forum nickname so that other DSC members can see who is attending, and also so we know who is submitting events.

Thanks!
Old 09-Mar-2004, 14:20
Mille

I am a DSC member (fully paid up) and also an Officer within Motorcycle Folly. MCF is a not-for-profit track club that has now been running for 16 years. I attend all the days which are open for all types of rider and bike. It is therefore disappointing that the MT won't allow the dates for this season to be put in the calendar. I have now tried twice and clearly my efforts are being blocked. Why is this ? MCF is not a commercial concern and a DSC member (me) will be present as a rider at each one of those days. What's the justification?
Old 10-Mar-2004, 12:16
Administrator
Webteam
MotoGP God

Quote:
Originally posted by Backmarker
I am a DSC member (fully paid up) and also an Officer within Motorcycle Folly. MCF is a not-for-profit track club that has now been running for 16 years. I attend all the days which are open for all types of rider and bike. It is therefore disappointing that the MT won't allow the dates for this season to be put in the calendar. I have now tried twice and clearly my efforts are being blocked. Why is this ? MCF is not a commercial concern and a DSC member (me) will be present as a rider at each one of those days. What's the justification?

Hi,

The DSC MT doesn't have any input into the trackday calendar - it was created by me, runs on my own webspace (that I pay for) and is administrated by myself and Jim (Desmondo) in our spare time.

I've been in Dublin over the last couple of days and will need to check what is yet to be "put live" on the calendar, so it may be that it is just waiting the go ahead.

I'm sure it's just an oversight on our part - it may be that you didn't put down your DSC board name, membership number or made it clear (to us idiots!) that you were a DSC member. The reason that there is human intervention required to show events on the calendar is so that we don't get commercial concerns loading up the calendar with their own dates and obviously at their commercial gain.

As I said, I'll check the list of submitted events (which is now over 100!) and see if there are any waiting to be approved, and apologies for the delay.
Old 10-Mar-2004, 14:13
Mille

Thanks for explaining things to me. I aplogise if I've over reacted or reacted prematurely.
Old 10-Mar-2004, 15:24
Administrator
Webteam
MotoGP God

Quote:
Originally posted by Backmarker
Thanks for explaining things to me. I aplogise if I've over reacted or reacted prematurely.

No problem!

I've made live all the dates that are in there, so please check through (use the search feature to find them all) and then resubmit any that I've missed - I deleted a few that got doubled up, but probably messed it all up!

Thanks,
Old 10-Mar-2004, 17:31
Mille

"I deleted a few that got doubled up, but probably messed it all up!"

Checked 'em and thought that 3 were missing but I think I've now posted Snetterton on the 23rd of September twice. Sorry ! The other 2 are Brands Indy on 17th of June and Mallory on the 19th of August. I have now posted these.
Cheers,
Backmarker

[Edited on 10-3-2004 by Backmarker]