Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 18-Jun-2005, 23:55
Mille

will late model pipes fit? quick help needed pls

i have seen a set of high level sil motors for 900ss though i think for the "i.e" model...it is a German auction so presume that means for the injected model.

i have a 900ss carb model, 1997my...will the sil motors fit and be okay to use does anyone know please?
Old 19-Jun-2005, 05:48
Bevel Head

header openings will fit but the mounting locations for the cans/bike may not. I know some have been able to make them work, but it depends on the particular manufacturer. I would say it's not just a "bolt on"
Old 19-Jun-2005, 17:02
Big Twin

Mood: :-)
I can confirm very different link pipes between the carb & ie model...tried fitting my ie Microns to a mate's carby 900ss & they went nowhere near!
Now if you fitted an ie cruciform pipe to your carby headers it would be a lot closer with only the hanger points to tie in.........that should be much easier
Old 19-Jun-2005, 19:10
Mille

thanks guys. think i will play safe and try and locate some high levels designed for the carb bikes. cheers.
Old 22-Jun-2005, 00:09
Mille

Mood: Mellow Yellow
You might want to give the Carbon Can Co a try. They do cans to suit but not sure about hi-level link pipes. Of course you could get link pipes fabricated or even have the whole lot done?

Jim
Old 22-Jun-2005, 21:27
Mille

maybe a silly question here....but what about 851/888 pipes? any good there? tbh i suppose i am looking for a bargain really. dont wanna spend more than a 150 notes so really looking at some used pipes. but finding that bargain along with the fact i want high levels is going to be akin to finding the holy grail!! i know i could get a set of s/l's but i want to save some weight into the bargain too.

i have done the ebay thing...so if anyone can think of where else to try other than ebay, E&M, Loot...then i would be eternally grateful. better still there may be someone you know whos selling. thanks.

oh...has anyone got experience with Viper cans? have heard a set and they do sound nice and theyre always about on ebay.

[Edited on 22-6-2005 by remfanuk]
Old 25-Jun-2005, 04:52
Bevel Head

if the 851/888 slipons are for the OEM diameter headers, they should work on the carbed 900ss bikes as high mounts too.
Old 25-Jun-2005, 18:35
Mille

cheers guys...gonna have to keep my ebay eyes peeled i reckon!
Old 02-Jul-2005, 00:57

The reverse IS possible

I've done the opposite. Fitted a set of mosnter carb termis (bought them of a bloke who had them fitted to a carbed SS 900). The pipes are a perfect fit but I had to make a couple of alloy brackets to attach the cans to the sub frame. you can pick up 4/5mm alloy offcuts (about 120mm square) at autojumbles (locally I get the stuff from Rufforth, Yorkshire, 1st Sat in month [tomorrow]).
Old 03-Jul-2005, 20:41
Mille

did these then look like high level pipes? presume they were high level monster pipes? interesting....

too late...just won a set of sil motors!!! still think youre solution was kinda ingenious.