Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 21-Nov-2005, 09:02
Mille

Mood: Don't trust women!
750ssie, don\'t like the cold?

Ok I'm a bit worried about the bike at mo. It's a 2000 750ssie, with Scorpion Race cans fitted (straight through) and a power commander. Now I've only had the bike 4 weeks and the power commander has never been set up correctly (one of those "I mean to do later jobs"), mind a near flat batt can't help, that may explain the low idle speed. The last owner said the bike also has a K & N filter too, the airbox is still in one piece also.

Now today I set off for work and it seems to lose throttle response at around 7-8000 revs? It's like when your bike is starting to run low on fuel and it stutters. It did this all through the higher gears and would only run right in very high revs or lower? What the hell is going on? Now I've taken the day off work and I wanna get it sorted so:

- Any ideas on the prob?
- Where can I get the best map for the power commander (sorry this is the first bike I've had with one of these and I'm lost)
- Should I be mentally worried?!

It is weird though because on friday night I rode all thw way to Liverpool and back the next morning (about 350mile round trip) and no probs? I need the bike for work so any help would be great,

Cheers,

Diehard
Old 21-Nov-2005, 09:12
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
May be worth changing the fuel filter
Other than that it may need a richer map in the Power Commander especially if it has as you say a K&N fitted as well as the open pipes.
Old 21-Nov-2005, 09:15
Mille

It has always felt... Slow I must admit, I have only ever seen 110 on the clock, surly it will go faster than that?
Old 21-Nov-2005, 09:17
MotoGP God

Surely should go faster than that, whats the mileage
check out www.moto-one.com for performance info
Old 21-Nov-2005, 09:21
Mille

Cheers for that, checking now. You get my mail btw? And it's 11,300 (was 10,000 when I got her) full service history too.

[Edited on 21-11-2005 by diehard]
Old 21-Nov-2005, 09:50
MotoGP God

By mail depends if you mean the U2U, I emailed pics to the Lycos email address you gave me.

Best I give the full link as that shorter one goes somewhere else
http://www.moto-one.com.au/performance/index.html

After reading about the 750 carb Vs inj I may stick with the carb version and try and get it up to 65 ish bhp, Only just got it and haven't had it running yet so be a while yet before I have it fettled as I want.
Old 21-Nov-2005, 10:00
Mille

I sent you a mail back to your email addy as I got your pics. Asking about price n such like. My email is dodgy though!

[Edited on 21-11-2005 by diehard]
Old 21-Nov-2005, 10:22
Mille

Just been looking at the power commander website, it seems that with the K & N filter fitted and after-market cans, no airbox lid is needed? Anyone confirm. Also does anyone have a spacific map for the Scorpion Exhausts + PC fitted?
Old 21-Nov-2005, 10:30
Big Twin
Bikes: 996 race bike

Mood: Almost over it.
Quote:
Originally posted by diehard
It has always felt... Slow I must admit, I have only ever seen 110 on the clock, surly it will go faster than that?

My 2000 750SSie peaked at 125Mph down a big hill on the M40 on the way to Oxford.

On a flatish road, 110-115Mph is probably the best you're going to get. (Although it probably depends on the power to weight ratio as well!)
Old 21-Nov-2005, 10:34
Mille

I'm a big git so that probs explains it! But still doesnt solve my porb of getting it set up right...