Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 19-Dec-2005, 13:22
500SD

Mood: Must fix Superlight... Must fix Superlight...
According to Ian Falloons book ( http://snipurl.com/kwgp ) which is kind of the two valve bible the '93 750 should have black wheels, bronze frame, silver crankcases but black side covers, which from the small picture appears to be there...

It should also only have one disc so the extra disc has been added afterwards rather than a calliper being taken off. You've got the choice of adding a calliper (and possibly changing the master cylinder) or possibly simply removing the disc. I believe the single disc'd wheel was the same but with a blanking plate over the holes. One of the DD racing guys would know for sure since quite a few of them added a second disc to their single disc'd 600s. Personally I'd buy a new calliper and change the master if necessary...
Old 19-Dec-2005, 13:43
Mille

Mood: GETTING RIGHT OFF!!!
Fish Boy, thats what Im thinking, Maybe he has replaced the front wheel and missed the fact that he needs a new caliper...
there is a whole set of calipers on ebay at the moment from a 900ss, but they will bolt straight on wont they? suppose its best for me to get the bike and make sure everything else is kosha then try and get the caliper problem sorted...
Im so excited now!!
Ive been riding me Zephyr 550 and a rgv250 for the last 4 years, and to say Im bored is an understatement!!

oh, anyone want to buy an RGV250 wolf or zephyr 550????
Old 19-Dec-2005, 17:06
Mille

just had a message off the owner, he said hes just been out to look at it and both calipers ore on the bike. phew!

can I have some buying tips please? what are the expensive/obvious things to look for etc...?
Old 19-Dec-2005, 17:26
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Found a CR250. Let the bone braking begin
err welcome.
from reading your posts it sounds like you need to take someone along with you when you go to look at this bike.
and be careful about buying bits for your new steed of flea bay unless you are sure they fit you bike.
the pipes you have bought are off a 900 injected bike and I will be surprised if they fit straight on to your model.
hope they do though and welcome to the club. lots of good info on here so have a good dig about.
Old 19-Dec-2005, 17:36
Mille

Im pretty handy at making things fit!
If they wont go on, ill sell the chip and can set, as its off a 900 IE.

The bike is in Wombourne in wolverhampton, does anyone live near there that could possibly help to look at it?
Old 19-Dec-2005, 18:39
500SD

Hi Paulogray,

I thought I recognised that pic on ebay.

item number 4597641910

There is something not quite right about that auction. He does not want to give out his own number but is happy for his friend to???

Be careful and if in any doubt at all walk away. There are lots of 750 / 900 ss around for little money right now so if that is the type of machine you want then hang on. It has been listed before and did not sell. You may be able to haggle pretty hard if you decide that this is the bike for you.

Make mine a mulled wine seeing as its the season.
Old 19-Dec-2005, 19:14
Mille

well, I hope its okay because Im coming up from Cardiff to see it!
I must admit I was a bit sceptical(?) about it, but I rang the guy and he does seem nice enough. Ive got the sellers number now and after a bit of a chat we agreed on a price. it cheap, some might say too cheap...

Its got 8 months T+T on it, so I suppose I should check the frame and engine numbers etc...

Oh, you could not bid on the bike as he was advertising it as an invitation to view only.
Old 19-Dec-2005, 20:14
Big Twin

If I were you mate I would pay for an HPI check just incase.

I do find it strange that he had to go outside to check if his OWN bike had two calipers on it.
Old 19-Dec-2005, 20:26

Mood: Rockin'
Paulo,

Let me know if you want to flog the pipes - I have a '99 SSie and could be interested.

Andy
Old 19-Dec-2005, 20:27
Mille

its not his, its his friends. his friend is having some garage work done a his house s hes storing it there.