Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 19-Jan-2004, 20:15
Ducati Corse

Mood: Bloo and Yellow.. and Red now ;)
Glad you've got it sorted Stu.
as for the running temps and tickover. If the mixture has been adjusted, and nothing else, a slight weakening of the mixture would give both the symptoms you described.
I wouldn't be too worried about it to be honest. Is the bike running OK?
It may have been running a little rich, prior to the service. Are the cans sooted up??
Keep an eye on the fuel consumption, and if the mixture has been weakened you may even see a few more miles to the tank.
Old 19-Jan-2004, 20:26
Montjuic

Mood: Cleaning the Weather OFF!
Cheers Nelly.
The service guy did say to me that the mixture was off, as I was finding hard starting to the first service, as in full choke and a bit of throttle to get it to bang into life. First I thought it might just be the weather as its been pretty damn nippy. But since the service I took it home about 50-60 miles worth of run about 40 of which were motorways and the temp reached near 115. which was a bit of a shock as previously it hasnt risen above 100.
Old 21-Jan-2004, 23:00
Montjuic

Calling Nelly, or anyone else that can help.

since the first service last Saturday, I said I experienced a higher idle speed of about 1.2k, well I know this sounds like a duff choke cable but the choke cable (idle lever aka ducati handbook) doesnt engage until about half way forward. now with bearing this in mind Im finding the bike tends to idle at upto 2k NOW but varies quite a bit from cold to warm, strange thing being the idle tends to settle at around 2k upto 70 degrees, and then drops to about 1.4k when warm. 100 degrees ish.

Also the bikes warming up much quicker than before and on some runs 30miles plus (not aggressive) its getting around 115 degrees.

My question being is this normal? none of the cables are sticking and are freshly lubed and have plenty of free play.
Old 21-Jan-2004, 23:14
Ducati Corse

Mood: Bloo and Yellow.. and Red now ;)
Stu, the linkage that the choke cable connects to isn't sticking is it? or getting caught on the cable etc.???
There is also a screw on the same linkage assembly and is part of the fast idle setting. This shouldn't be touched really when setting the idle speed or balance up, but if it's been tweaked by mistake, then maybe that's buggering things about???
I'd drop it back to the dealer and have them check it out.
Old 22-Jan-2004, 12:54
Big Twin

Mood: Sans moto
PULSING FRONT BRAKES

I HAD THE SAME SORT OF PROBLEM WITH MY BRAKES. CHECKED FOR STICKING PISTONS & WARPING BUT ALL SEEMED OK. SO WHILE I HAD THE WHEEL RAISED I GENTLY TAPPED ON THE OUTER EDGE OF THE DISCS WITH A WOODEN MALLET, THINKING THAT THE SEMI FLOATING PINS MIGHT BE STICKING. DON'T KNOW IF THAT WAS THE CAUSING THE PROBLEM, BUT THAT WAS IN MAY AND THE BRAKES WERE FINE ALL YEAR AFTER THAT.
Old 22-Jan-2004, 13:43
Bevel Head

Mood: Neutral - but only maybe. 1994 Duc 916S1, 2006 Duc Sportclassic 1000 Sport
Pulsing brakes

I had a great one - took front wheel to a local dealer to fit a new tyre and when I re-fitted the wheel and went off for a ride guess what - front wheel under braking felt like the ABS on the car. One of the front Brembos was slightly bent. Went back to dealer who refused to admit any liability and it ended up costing me for a pair of EBC Prolite front disks. Best move I ever made as the brakes are now better than they ever were with the s/s Brembo disks
Old 22-Jan-2004, 17:16
Montjuic

Thanks for the info ppl. I'll probably drop in on the dealers this weekend to see if they can take a look, suppose I best inspect all the cables in the mean time.
Old 22-Jan-2004, 17:41
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Is 112 dB loud enough?? What??
Ahh, the old hammer method. I always say, if you can't fix it, get a bigger hammer!
Old 22-Jan-2004, 19:42
500SD

Mood: Blooo Duke gets red heads
For Steve M....

..seems like a good tip, be careful how hard (or soft) you tap the disks
btw CAPS means your shouting and maybe not etiquette here, UNLESS YOU WANT TO SHOUT
OK sorry for the sarcasm and as you appear to be a newbie, no offence taken, just info m8
rgds
mort, fast ole fart
Old 24-Jan-2004, 01:02
Montjuic

HEY PAUL, CAN YOU HEAR ME!

lol..
k, hope everyones ready for this big freeze this coming week. DUCATI's at the READY!!!!

I get the feeling most aren't all year riders like myself. Come on lets stir a hornets nest here Im only a young un as most might agree 23 n all. but after 8 bikes owned and many ridden ive got a bit of experience. How many of you guys ride all year long or is it a bit too chilly for ya'll?