Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 19-Aug-2005, 22:49
Ducati Corse

Mood: Tad more confident
Donington gp today.

Had a great day out with the throttlemonkey crew. Not a drop of rain all day. I have seen a different side to Lily that I had'nt seen before She called a bloke a "knob head" for a certain move he did on her and a few others
Nice to see a smile on JPM & Lily face today looks like they had a good one.
Old 20-Aug-2005, 09:40
BSB Star

Mood: Soon my pet, soon
It was a great day today, nice to see you again Jon and all the usual throttlemonkeys, goodbanter and as you say not one bit of rain

It's mid August and I'm actually starting to enjoy riding again after all the ups and downs so far this year, and the bike is running sweeeet got to thank various peeps for that, JHP, K-Tech, Gizmo to name but a few.

Lot of fallers today though, and quite a few "simpletons" who either can't ride, or listen to the briefings (no overtaking on warm up laps - Lily's problem with a numpty) or bikes breaking down and the riders just sitting there in the middle of the track making no attempt to move them???

But it was overall a good day, a great day, never done the full circuit and scared myself a few times think I need a slipper for my slipper clutch as it was getting mighty squirly back there every now and again

[Edited on 20-8-2005 by JPM]
Old 21-Aug-2005, 08:31
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: stiff and tired
hmmmm... not one of my most polite moments!!

I don't normally get bothered by this sort of stuff but this guy was a liability!!

We had been red flagged on every session through various offs and then after sitting there in pit lane while they picked someone else up this guy pushes past me exiting the pits - had a bit ofa giggle about this one. So we are following the instructor for a lap and everyone is in a nice lane waiting for him to pull in so we can overtake.

Not this guy, first off all he stuffs it past a few people on back straight, no big issue, then he takes an inside line so tight into hairpin that he makes 4 people stand it up and run wide.

Had a word with organiser and he spoke to the guy but he denied doing anything wrong.

I was behind him for a bit in last session of the day and I have to say he is possibly the most dangerous rider i have seen on track for a while. Fast bike (new blade) no lines, heavy on the throttle, locking the back up, sitting it up in corners, braking mide corner and losing back end exiting.

Wouldn't mind if it was fast group and he was doing this because he was pushing it, but this was inters and he was not very quick other than the straights.

Accident waiting to happen!!

But I did go and apologise to him for calling him a 'nob' as I am not usually that direct!!
Old 22-Aug-2005, 00:27
Ducati Corse

Mood: Tad more confident
Ya should have just chinned him