Ducati Sporting Club UK
Race
MotoGP / WSB / BSB / Local racing.
*** WARNING*** May contain race results!!

Old 16-Jan-2006, 09:45
500SD

Mood: I can live with backpain!
If you do pop in Monty,would you be able to take a few photo's?
Old 16-Jan-2006, 10:56
BSB Star

Mood: All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing
I have raced and ridden at the "old" Cadwell, and whilst the section through Hall bends now looks more open, it is actually no faster than before. The really fast guys always ignored the tree's, banking etc etc anyway!

Will try to get up there later in the week and take a few pix if Monty can't manage them.
Old 16-Jan-2006, 15:16
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: 916 Senna, 748RS Corse, 1098s Race

Mood: walking on sunshine.....
Any help...

Cadwell changes to boost safety

MARCH 1, 2005: Lincolnshire's Cadwell Park race circuit is undergoing major work in several areas as owner MotorSport Vision presses on with an extensive programme of safety and facility improvements to the venue.

The work is designed to improve the picturesque and challenging circuit, nicknamed the 'mini-Nurburgring', for competitors and spectators alike.

At the dramatic Hall Bends, the ARMCO on the left-hand side of the track has been moved back from the side of the circuit and realigned to allow better visibility for both competitors and spectators.

Some much-needed drainage has also been added to this area and the run-off has been regraded.

At Coppice, work on building a new lorry tyre wall has begun now that the banking has been moved away from the circuit.

Meanwhile, major work is also being undertaken at the famous Mountain section of Cadwell Park. The first phase of this is now almost complete, with a tyre wall being replaced by an ARMCO barrier.

The second phase of the work will involve major earthworks to increase and improve the run-off area at the approach to the bottom of the Mountain from Mansfield. Here too, tyre walls will be replaced by ARMCO.

Medical centre upgrade

This project links in with work at the circuit's medical centre, where a helipad and car park is being constructed as well as the complete refurbishment of the medical facility. Work on this is expected to start on February 14 and should take around two weeks.

Meanwhile, Cadwell's maintenance team have been busily improving safety aspects of the Club circuits marshal posts.

MotorSport Vision Chief Executive Jonathan Palmer said: "We are very focussed on trying to reduce the costs of expensive damage to competitors' cars and motorbikes as well as minimising the risk of injury to competitors. The introduction of safety aspects such as these will make the circuit safer.

"Also, the work we are doing at the Hall bends will benefit everyone in another aspect, as both competitor and spectator will be afforded a much better view at that spot. The Hall bends are among the most exciting parts of Cadwell Park so this is an important development in making the circuit a better place to visit."
Old 18-Jan-2006, 19:57
DSC Club Rep
Ducati Corse
Bikes: Monster 1100 EVO

Mood: I'm A Grandad again :-)
Popped into Cadwell this pm, the only real change is that they have leveled the grasses area on the inside of the hairpin, not the track, if you remember there was a bit of a drop from the grass to the track after the apex of the corner, so if you cocked up going in you would take off and land on the track, now you just slide & scrub off speed before getting to the track, better vision of the track as you come down to it.
A lot of the tyre walls are being replaced by armco with bagged bales against them, I for one believe this to be safer than tyres as there is less chance of being catapoulted back onto the track in front of on coming bikes. As a marshall & racer (past tense) I have seen this happen, & what could have been a minor getoff turns into a nasty multi bike accident.
I have a picture on my phone of the hairpin mods but can not get it off the phone, .

Chris.
Old 30-Jan-2006, 08:19
DSC Club Rep
Ducati Corse

Managed at last to get the pics off the phone, sorry about quality & size.

Chris
Old 30-Jan-2006, 08:19
DSC Club Rep
Ducati Corse

The second

Chris.
Old 30-Jan-2006, 10:12
BSB Star

Mood: the rain in spain falls mainly on me!
makes it look much more 'open'. can see a few overcooking it!
Old 30-Jan-2006, 10:51
BSB Star

Mood: All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing
Blimey, that changes the aspect a bit!
Old 30-Jan-2006, 11:16
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Is 112 dB loud enough?? What??
Seems like a good change to me. Mind you, I never noticed there were trees through the woodland section...

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit