Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 26-Feb-2005, 19:49
Mille

Think that makes me the oldest - 48yrs & 6 months.

11st in the raw state (i don't do Kilos).

Not that many track days but have been club racing on and off for the last five years; 3 seasons with New Era on a ZX9R Probike (open class for anything up to 1300cc - used to be full of R1's but in recent years has been dominated by big GXSR's) - best result was I think an 8th; a season with KRC on a CBR600 - we broke down and fell off a lot; then just five races last year back with New Era in Formula 600 - best result 14th or 15th despite knocking 1.5 seconds off my best time round Snetterton (all these young guys with no fear and deep pocketed sponsors).

Racing number 42 'cos that's how old I was when I started this expensive adiction.

Would any of you youngsters care to help by holding my Zimmer when we're in the holding area?
Old 27-Feb-2005, 01:06
Big Twin

Mood: suck, squeeze, bang,......fart?
33 years and 1 month - does that make me the oldest of the regular London Lunch Crew then?

65kg although I am quite tall so knees and elbows will be causing some wind resistance then (and add 10kg for these bluddy leathers).

Race experience nil, CSS level 2 - so I've probably had the least track experience of the lot. I have been riding since I was 18 though and I'm pretty handy on the 6:45am Embankment run!
Old 27-Feb-2005, 01:08
Dibble

add another 4kg in dim sum mate as well .....
Old 27-Feb-2005, 01:19
Big Twin

Mood: suck, squeeze, bang,......fart?
Good point Dr Doughnut - I'm going to have to lay off the pig intestines for a couple of months.

Onto the important stuff - with a wife and a young daughter I can well justify staying in on a Saturday night - what's your excuse? If it's anything other than a recent addiction to Horlicks, I'm sending the girls around!
Old 27-Feb-2005, 01:21
Dibble

lol, couldnt be bothered to go to bournemouth with the boys and had a mad one last weekend .. plus this is my last saturday night for 6 with nothing planned .....
Old 27-Feb-2005, 14:36
DSC Club Member
Ducati in my Blood
Bikes: 1100S Multistrada, 450RT, Gilera Nordwest, Bultaco Frontera, Rickman Metisse-being built!

Mood: Growing old-DISGRACEFULLY!
Quote:
Originally posted by NBs996
32.25 years old
8 track days
no race experience other than pit crew
16 years road riding
60kg - read it tony, 60kg :P

I don't think I'll be all that quick in a road race, altho I'm hoping for top ten finish to the season. I'm at my best on a supermoto, where I've even been approached after a s/m trackday and offered a ride after shaming one of the local championship contenders! So I'll be trying to ride the monnie supermoto style.

Like Dave, I'm stuck in that comfort zone on trackdays, but I know that'll get left behind before Cadwell. In fact I've got to get rid of that mindset at the pre-season shakedown test at the end of march!

should be a fun year on track I thinks.

NickB#34

60Kg eh Nick-I shall be watching how you go with interest........60kg is a GOOD weight for a 250 rider........

By the way the age thing is one of the reasons I'm not out there-I refused to be the oldest one-again-which at 56 I would have been + I have a 250 to campaign with WJB so wouldn't have the time-that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.

John

[Edited on 27-2-2005 by Monty]
Old 27-Feb-2005, 14:40
MotoGP God

Mood: 749 racebike MGP
Quote:
Originally posted by Monty
60Kg eh Nick-I shall be watching how you go with interest........60kg is a GOOD weight for a 250 rider........

John

My only consolation is that he wouldn't last 5 seconds playing inside centre in Surrey 2's!

Coat on, heading for the door ...
Old 27-Feb-2005, 15:33
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: I love my 996 xxx
might suprise you to know tony, I played rugby at school, and I was pretty handy.

To take me down, first you gotta catch me!
Old 27-Feb-2005, 15:38
MotoGP God

Mood: 749 racebike MGP
Quote:
Originally posted by NBs996
might suprise you to know tony, I played rugby at school, and I was pretty handy.

To take me down, first you gotta catch me!

There's no room at inside centre mate!! You have to 'make' your own
Old 27-Feb-2005, 21:41
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: What a wonderful world.
25 year old a few days before the first race (so you will have to be very nice with me on the track )
3 trackdays but never racing.

I'll be at Brands the 25th of March for a trackday (by Focus Events) to try the 620... Will somebody be there ?

can't wait for the 30th of April...

[Edited on 27-2-2005 by Tonio600]

[Edited on 27-2-2005 by Tonio600]