Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 04-Sep-2011, 22:22
MotoGP God
Bikes: 848, M620 DD bike

Mood: waiting...
over and out

well for this year anyway

I started Doom hating it, and ended hating it no less. Flat (not the tarmac), featureless, boring place which demands point & squirt riding on a surface that can only be described as a Surrey B road transported to a small village a few miles from Chippenham

Still, had a couple of great races, and few trials and tribulations like the 0345 gazebo incident and beat my best by over 5 seconds. Also helped with my improvement ion braking and carrying speed thru chicanes

Close, fair and fun....but please lets not go back next year!!

Won't be at Oulton so I'll hopefully see a few DD'ers at the Hottrax dinner thingy, and a few at the end of year curry I'll be organising soon------need to collect my winnings

But what a great year. Never, ever, did I think I could win a race. Of course I tell myself its possible, why do it otherwise, but to have 4 big trophies come August is amazing and if I can do it, anyone can

Mostly been great year, had a few disappointments, but generally good enough to make me want more. So bike will be stripped, sorted and ready to go come march who knows, maybe I will be competing at the last round for the title this time in 2012

Been great sharing with the Dentist, who next year will be improving as I have; he has the racing instinct already a very calming influence....or is that the drugs!

TTFN
Old 04-Sep-2011, 22:28
Ducati in my Blood
Bikes: 848 Evo Corse SE, Evoluzione 2 ....

Mood: Dementor hunted by Foggy :)
Noooooooooooooo you gotta do Oulton, it's your sort of track?

Hants - Meet Popham Airfield every 2nd Sunday of the Month @ 1pm

Ducati Snells of Alton : >>
848 Corse SE Evoluzione 2 : >>
Dementor Site :>>
Sponsor of DD Riders
Old 04-Sep-2011, 23:01
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: Ducati 1098R Bayliss Rep

Mood: Find people who share your values, and you'll conquer the world together.
Will miss you at Oulton Paul, it was fun to scrap with you in the first race yesterday, think its the first time this year i have been even close to you like yourself though i hated Castle i dont think there was a smooth surface to be found anywhere and hope we are not back there next year unless they resurface it over the winter.

Congrats on your trophys this year all well deserverd.

See you in the paddock and on the track next year all being well.
Old 05-Sep-2011, 08:03
Big Twin
Bikes: Monster 620ie, 916Bip, Suzuki Gs500 And a Ridgeback but I have to pedal that one

Mood: Scared!
?????

What you talking about man!!!

Castle Combe is awesome!

2 wins last year and 2 wins this year for me mate.

Castle Combe rewards good lines and smooth riding. One of the fastest circuits in the country! not point and squirt,

bumps are o.k. in a straight line,

Pot hole nearly had me off when I was off line in that first right hander though, Dallas got the front row seat to that one.
If your on the right line they arn't too bad.

If all tracks were the same it would be boring - adjust your riding to suit the track.

and what a crowd................. where else do we get that?

If I did crash I would chainge my opinion immeadiately!

Matt 'Awesome' Lawson - The Great!
Old 05-Sep-2011, 08:36
500SD

You,ve had a good year. I am unsure of Castle Coombe. Yep it is a terrible surface and silly chicanes. But thats what makes it different! Now theres an A class bike up for sale are you tempted ????

Mark
Old 05-Sep-2011, 09:30
MotoGP God

Quote:
Originally Posted by mat2hew
Castle Combe rewards good lines and smooth riding. One of the fastest circuits in the country! not point and squirt,

etc...

well I'll disagree; 1 fast chicane, two stop start chicanes and long straights especially the start/finish with the uphil portion...and smooth is normally how I ride, its difficult when your teeth are rattled from your head at full lean!

all I know is it felt like Pembrey all over; catch in the corners, and on the exit, feck off down the straights....story of the year
Old 05-Sep-2011, 11:13
Big Twin
Bikes: Monster 620ie, 916Bip, Suzuki Gs500 And a Ridgeback but I have to pedal that one

Mood: Scared!
mallory's the biggest point and squirt circuit.

at Combe, you can carry plenty of speed through the first chicane then the tightish right hander afterwards is flat out giving you plenty of a start down the down hill straight with a super fast corner at the end leading into the second chicane which again is a lovely right/left then you can hug the right hand kerb all the way down to the tight chicane, go in tight brush the orange tyres with your elbow, by which time you can be full on the gas all the way round the next right and over the start line

the first 2 chicanes have smooth kerbs that you can run over on the entry with no problems as well. (not that I did,,, that would be cutting corners and cheeting!)

*simples
Old 05-Sep-2011, 11:16
Big Twin
Bikes: Ducati 749, Phil Read Replica, DD 620

Mood: 2011 DD Class 'B' Champion
You were very gracious to me in that second to last chicane. Especially as it was to the flag.
Old 05-Sep-2011, 12:00
MotoGP God

Quote:
Originally Posted by mat2hew
mallory's the biggest point and squirt circuit.

at Combe, you can carry plenty of speed through the first chicane then the tightish right hander afterwards is flat out giving you plenty of a start down the down hill straight with a super fast corner at the end leading into the second chicane which again is a lovely right/left then you can hug the right hand kerb all the way down to the tight chicane, go in tight brush the orange tyres with your elbow, by which time you can be full on the gas all the way round the next right and over the start line

the first 2 chicanes have smooth kerbs that you can run over on the entry with no problems as well. (not that I did,,, that would be cutting corners and cheeting!)

*simples

kerbs are part of the track - not cheating to cut them

pretty much what I did...maybe I am over estimating my exit speed and catching on exit isnt really helping drive up the straight??? Phil and Kevs bikes pulled a bit, not too much and no where what the did at Pembrey, Paul's flew by as did Hugh's. Weight, set up, gearing, torq, power, better exit take your pick Just an average riders single-perception

Mallory is all balls into Gerrads and then into chicane, from there its harder to pass on the power imo up to the next corner as its mainly fast corners not really straights other than start one....

Phil - not sure if thats a good thing or bad...hopefully good in that I didnt take a lunge (dont remember doing but then don't remember the close pass on my mate Craig) and bad as in I let you have it I was very conscious you and Kev were going for the tit;e amd taking either out would not have been a good move, so held back on a few passes which i would have tried before...and did on Mr Pullen
Old 05-Sep-2011, 12:29
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: Ducati 1098R Bayliss Rep

Mood: Find people who share your values, and you'll conquer the world together.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradders
so held back on a few passes which i would have tried before...and did on Mr Pullen

All good clean passes though Paul. I should have tried defending the line better