Ducati Sporting Club UK
Idle Chat
Still needs to be clean and of value to the club.

Old 25-Jan-2009, 16:53
Ducati Corse
Bikes: 916 Strada

Mood: www.od2racing.co.uk
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeeJohnyB
.....and the day got worse. Coming out of a car park in Nottingham with steep and tight ramp, the front spoiler scratched on the ground at 1mph and then I immediately kerbed the rear alloy, so within a day I have a dented roof, scratched bonnet, scratched wheel and scratched spoiler. My immaculate car is now looking unloved and is not the same. Need to get it all fixed asap.

Then I get up this morning and watch some stupid woman park in front of me. There's only one official space before the end of the street, so she has clear space in front of her, but she reverses back and forward, on and off with the handbrake as I am on a steep hill, her car is going up and down as she goes from handbrake fully on to screaming engine as she jerks forward. At this time, I'm just watching, struck motionless, mouth open waiting for the bump, but hey, good girl, she misses me by literally 2 inches. My car is now stuck in position, no way I can get out with 2 inches at the front and about a foot at the back. Luckily I didn't need to use it, but why did she leave 6 feet in front of her and 2 inches behind? She was gone by the time I went out, so I left a nice note on her screen questioning her right to hold a driving licence

Just noticed the scum from the other night have kicked over the new trees that are staked up.

oh and when we got up this morning the Aga isn't working and no weekend call out, so take away tonight. hey ho. Is it ok to drink at home during the day?

WeeJohnyB

You have to look on the bright side WJB things can only get better it's only January

We should organise a vigilante group and give the feckers a good slapping.

Anyone seen Mav & his base ball bat
Old 25-Jan-2009, 23:07
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
WJB Did you try going to church today and asking for forgiveness for what ever it is you have done

Sounds like the person whos footprint matches the one on your roof could do with a sizeable foot print right where it hurts.

Checkout the Desmo Due Paddock on Facebook
Old 26-Jan-2009, 09:51
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Mood: MT Meglomaniac
I know exactly what you mean John. Sounds like we've got a similar problem, on-street parking, on a steep hill, on a narrow street. I just went out on Sunday and found that my drivers door mirror has been smacked, again, and it's all split and broken. I've also lost count of the number of times people have left big scuffs on the corners of my bumpers as they've been clumsy getting in and out of parking spaces. I used to take it down to the body shop each time and get it fixed (at my own expense because the repair wasn't worth claiming for with a £350 excess and the effect on no claims) and only one person in all that time has had the courtesy to leave a note on my car offering to pay for the damage. I've given up now after one such repair lasted less than a day, and some arse has keyed the front wing.

Of course, my car is nowhere near as lush as yours, but I still worked hard for a car that other people are knocking lumps off and it's looking very shabby as a result.

As if that's not enough, I've lived in my road for over 20 years and the parking has always been tight, but now some busybody has taken to leaving computer printed notes on peoples cars with a picture of a Fire Engine and a Dust Cart (of all things) saying "Please do not block the road to these vehicles - you have now been reported to the police" - anonymous notes of course, left on vehicles that are perfectly legitimately parked.

Bastids.

Hope you get the chance to walk over the arse who did it

The Patent Jools Mood Meter -Today I am:

___________^
Old 26-Jan-2009, 10:13
DSC Club Member
Ducati in my Blood
Bikes: 1100S Multistrada, 450RT, Gilera Nordwest, Bultaco Frontera, Rickman Metisse-being built!

Mood: Growing old-DISGRACEFULLY!
Gutted for you mate-and that's exactly what needs to happen to the Aholes who did this-preferably using a bread knife.

John

Growing old-disgracefully!
Old 28-Jan-2009, 08:51
Founder Member
Ducati Meccanica

Quote:
.....and the day got worse. Coming out of a car park in Nottingham with steep and tight ramp, the front spoiler scratched on the ground at 1mph and then I immediately kerbed the rear alloy, so within a day I have a dented roof, scratched bonnet, scratched wheel and scratched spoiler. My immaculate car is now looking unloved and is not the same. Need to get it all fixed asap.

Then I get up this morning and watch some stupid woman park in front of me. There's only one official space before the end of the street, so she has clear space in front of her, but she reverses back and forward, on and off with the handbrake as I am on a steep hill, her car is going up and down as she goes from handbrake fully on to screaming engine as she jerks forward. At this time, I'm just watching, struck motionless, mouth open waiting for the bump, but hey, good girl, she misses me by literally 2 inches. My car is now stuck in position, no way I can get out with 2 inches at the front and about a foot at the back. Luckily I didn't need to use it, but why did she leave 6 feet in front of her and 2 inches behind? She was gone by the time I went out, so I left a nice note on her screen questioning her right to hold a driving licence

Just noticed the scum from the other night have kicked over the new trees that are staked up.

oh and when we got up this morning the Aga isn't working and no weekend call out, so take away tonight. hey ho. Is it ok to drink at home during the day?
WeeJohnyB

Given the day you had I'd say it was essential John!!

It seems at times as though the country is inundated with mindless morons just wandering around looking for something to destroy

Never assume that a driver has a license just because they are behind the wheel of a car, it makes you wonder just how many are driving around with no training whatsoever.

Hope things pick up for you!!!

http://www.multirole-eng.com

http://www.audicator.com Check out our simple to fit, potentially life saving turn signal alert system.
Old 28-Jan-2009, 10:16
Big Twin

Mood: Channel Swim is now a (bad) memory not a dream
Hey, I commuted for 4 years all weathers into London and can say for sure that the numbers the authorities think they have for drivers are way off the mark - cars not taxed, insured, drivers with no licence, drivers with a licence where someone else did the test for them, cars completely unroadworthy, (I recall seeing the canvas on a rear tyre on a car once)

Oh and the first estimate for the damage to my car is £4,000 plus

I'm beyond words to explain this

WeeJohnyB

Last edited by WeeJohnyB : 28-Jan-2009 at 11:35.
Old 28-Jan-2009, 16:05
Regional Organiser - BHCN
Ducati Corse

Mood: Raring to Ride
Cheaper owning a Ducati, well just, nothing like a kick in the teeth when you're down. 4D
Old 28-Jan-2009, 23:55
Founder Member
Ducati Meccanica

Quote:
Hey, I commuted for 4 years all weathers into London and can say for sure that the numbers the authorities think they have for drivers are way off the mark - cars not taxed, insured, drivers with no licence, drivers with a licence where someone else did the test for them, cars completely unroadworthy, (I recall seeing the canvas on a rear tyre on a car once)

Oh and the first estimate for the damage to my car is £4,000 plus

I'm beyond words to explain this

WeeJohnyB

It wasn't that long ago that you wouldn't have got away with a faulty light on your car for more than a couple of weeks. The whole traffic enforcement thing is a joke now, totally out of control IMHO and no way it will get better.

We've been bombarded with more petty legislation by this government than any other in history and they've no more chance of enforcing it or seeing a return to basic law and order than fly to the moon.

http://www.multirole-eng.com

http://www.audicator.com Check out our simple to fit, potentially life saving turn signal alert system.
Old 29-Jan-2009, 03:37
500SD

Mood: YELLOW!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul James

We've been bombarded with more petty legislation by this government than any other in history and they've no more chance of enforcing it or seeing a return to basic law and order than fly to the moon.

True, all too true, unfortunately.

The legal profession is up in arms about it 'cos nobody knows whether they are coming or going. I attended a lecture on this subject where David Omerod QC claimed that if you made a pile of all the legislation passed prior to 1997 and then made a pile of all the post 1997 law, the post '97 pile would be higher!

WeeJohnnyB - so sorry to hear what those mindless vandals have done to you. Hope you get it sorted out as quickly and cheaply as possible.

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit