Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 27-Jan-2005, 01:11
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
I would go for a set of adjustable offset yokes so that the trail can be altered, in these I would look at fitting a set of Ohlins Road and track forks, not the mass produced ones. And as Jon said a set of adjustable rearsets my choice would be Harris Performance ones, they would also do you the Yokes and the forks.
Old 27-Jan-2005, 01:46
Ducati Corse

Mood: Bloo and Yellow.. and Red now ;)
I'd go the suspension route to, especially if you're happy with the power you have.
Depending on how much you want to spend, I'd start with an Ohlins rear, set up specifically for you and have the showas "sorted" with springs and a revalve or maybe a new cartridge system. Not as "bling" as Ohlins but cheaper and if done properly by someone like K-tech, the difference wouldn't be noticeable to mortals like ourselves............
If you want Ohlins, then R&T's.
Remember though that having the shock and forks sprung and valved correctly is the key to getting the improvements. You could spend £2k on a set of forks but if they aren't setup for you, you're missing most of the advantages.
I'd go along with a set of track bodywork to. That kit on your bike will be irreplaceable.
The brake syatem already looks pretty sorted. If you don't know what pads are fitted, and for track use only, have a go with Bendix CR-Matrix pads. Not really any good for the road as they need a bit of heat but when warmed up.............WOW!!
Old 27-Jan-2005, 12:22
BSB Star
Bikes: 998s, Jota, KTM 690 Duke

Mood: My Jota goes rumpety rump! & I have my wife exactly where she wants me!
A very interesting bike, I actually quite like the front nose cone set up but am very interested in more info on your wet slipper clutch. Just one point tho` if it is a Factory prototype maybee you should not modify it to much or you`l loose its exclusivity and factory rareness!

ps I agree with all the above especailly the bits about more piccy`s of your ex!

Have a nice day
Old 27-Jan-2005, 12:26

Mood: Got a bust wrist :(
Ohlins all the way

Let me 2nd peoples opinions here. If you want to improve you track day experience (and speed) spend your money on suspension either improving your current set up or get Ohlins.

And (its been said above) get it set up properly. Friend of mine is Ohlins trained and liciensed/franchised by K-tech, did a fantastic job on my Ohlins. U2U me and i'll pass his details on.

Rik...
Old 27-Jan-2005, 13:30
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Found a CR250. Let the bone braking begin
brembo brake master cylinder
Old 27-Jan-2005, 13:54
500SD
Bikes: multistrada, 748R/916

Mood: one very coool cat!
that is a very interesting bike - how did you get it? anyway tempting offer to WIN the piccies - the girl obviously has no taste - rcgbob has made a valid point, that thing is sooo special and has a good history - it is better just improving the set-up of everything that you have - after all as the best chefs say - first get the ingredients right and then the "art" is to blend them in the correct amount before cooking, so you have great ingredients, get them tuned for you and the use that you have in mind - then enjoy (i am sure we all agree - we are all jealous)
Old 27-Jan-2005, 13:55
BSB Star

Mood: the rain in spain falls mainly on me!
1. power commander/set up
2. ohlins rear
3. ohlins front

all depending on the cash you have and how much you think you will benefit from improved suspension, no idea of you riding ability but i guess pretty good.
Old 27-Jan-2005, 14:04
Bevel Head

Mood: Feel like a Duke...
Guys, thanks for the great suggestions thus far.

Clutch: all I know is that rathern than dry, it is oil-based (should last longer and perform better). It is something ducati has / will start producing soon.

Brakes: already have the brembo brake master cylinders, but thanks anyway

Rik, my email address is mariopepe2@yahoo.com

Thanks, Mario
Old 27-Jan-2005, 14:31
Big Twin

Mood: Proud to own a Ducati :0)
How did you come by the bike Mario? You can't exactly pick that kind of bike up at your local dealer!
Old 27-Jan-2005, 15:08
Big Twin
Bikes: 916SPS Ratbike + 749R Shed

Mood: Ugly girls (749) are more dirty.....
Cuesta e bella! La moto et la donna.....mi piace molto!!

Ci vediamo,

R X

[Edited on 27-1-2005 by RickyX]