Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 22-May-2003, 09:41
Mille

Pre preg is best but wet lay is ok if done properly. The better wet lay carbon is backed with glass fibre to increase strength to prevent cracking at stress points, not to cut costs. Mad Composites have made race bodywork for my 998r with carbon only laid on to mimic the original and very expensive ducati prepreg. I highly reccomend mad composites (dill you owe me a pint!) but I do know one of the directors very well.

dave
Old 27-May-2003, 10:33

Mood: Giggling nervously in the face of on-coming traffic
QB

I have one on my SPS supplied by Italia’s in Lincoln, from QB carbon and they had it painted up with the white number board and the gold hand painted line, also they left a V of carbon showing through. My mate had one supplied by Cassoli – crap! You can’t tell if it is carbon at all it’s sprayed red inside. If you need to see my one have a look at the photo section – Smiler’s back or drop me a line and I well email you with some.