Ducati Sporting Club UK
Rideouts, Meets and other Events
Details of various meetings, rideouts and events that are not Ducati specific.

Old 06-May-2011, 10:31
Ducati Corse

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradders
many peolpe I dont see that regularly, and some onkly communicate thru looking here even if not posting.

Understand the sentiment but if you or anyone really thinks me speaking with a few mates, and only 20 spaces remember, is going to scupper anything the DSC are organising you need to look at the DSC not me

TBH I take offence at the clear suggestion several times now that I have done this for an alternative aim; sheer bollox. If DSC team are too slow to react to the member needs we'll do our own thing. Its May. Another few weeks it will be June. Someone remind me who's club this is and who pays the subscriptions?!

A quick google seems only we have this restriction then....funny how other clubs have been working on and announced months ago...even on DUK website

http://www.ducatiuk.com/news/uk_mons.../1950/index.do

http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/s...ad.php?t=39813

fact is, I HAVE to book time off in advance, I have racing weekends and days committed and others have similar. I want to do Cadwell, and I want to do it with as many mates as possible; the fun is as much off as on the track. End of.

But I guess when the DSC fail to get the numbers or fail to get anything sorted they now have a ready made scape goat coz I dared to 'take' in oothers words those who would have attended. Laughable. Really is laughable.

I wioll stop typing nmow as I am right ****ed off by this. And any more and friendships could be broken.

I'll post on FB, probably ISC too thru Mike or Dave and my MATES who are going will be booking, so anyone who does fancy it call NL direct and book, mention my name/the block booking and you should get the 10%. I will email Mark with the names I have so far.

see you all at Anglesey, those that go.

Mate,

I wasn't having a personal attack at you(and I certainly don't believe Paul was either) and as Ant has said all power to your elbow for having the enthusiasm to get up and sort something.

I did see in your first post you pointed out that you weren't trying to replace a DSC track day,just to get some track time with some mates.

If I have offended you,I apologise.It wasn't meant to come out like that.

As Paul said,the OLD DSC would have been different,but the NEW DSC is delivering everything that it has said it would,and I'm sure the TD will be the same.I also have to book leave,as I work shifts(including alternate weekends) so I am desperate to know as well!!
Old 06-May-2011, 10:41
Ducati Corse
Bikes: 916 Strada

Mood: www.od2racing.co.uk
As Paul said,the OLD DSC would have been different,but the NEW DSC is delivering everything that it has said it would,and I'm sure the TD will be the same.I also have to book leave,as I work shifts(including alternate weekends) so I am desperate to know as well!!

Still the old secret service though
Old 06-May-2011, 10:57
Ducati Corse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaz

Still the old secret service though

It may seem like that,but I believe it is DUK that are holding the announcement back,not DSC.

Ant has already said that he isn't allowed to release the dates.Not exactly his fault!
Old 06-May-2011, 11:52
Ducati Corse
Bikes: 916 Strada

Mood: www.od2racing.co.uk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasper
It may seem like that,but I believe it is DUK that are holding the announcement back,not DSC.

Ant has already said that he isn't allowed to release the dates.Not exactly his fault!

Since when has DUK been in control of the DSC or run the track days???
Old 06-May-2011, 12:22
Big Twin

Mood: Train comes and I know its destination
Quote:

I understand Chaz's point here and also wonder why it is the DSC out of all the various clubs that has to delay announcing its trackday event. Nevertheless, I choose to trust that Antony has genuine reasons for delaying the announcement.

In addition, I would like to thank Antony for his well measured post in response to Bradders, in fact I applaud it.

If the DSC TD is scheduled for dates that I can accommodate in my own schedule, I will attend. The shorter the timescale, the less chance I have of being able to attend, but if that's the way of it, so be it. Meantime, there's an informal TD with lots of Duke owners I know, on dates that I can attend - so I am attending

As for the cost issue, I cannot afford ANY trackdays this year, so if I end up doing two ... well, too bad
Old 06-May-2011, 22:34
Ducati Corse

Quote:

As far as I know it isn't.But being the DUCATI sporting club,why would you want to pi55 off the importer if they requested you do something?

Surely as a "factory/company" as affiliated club we should do what Ducati ask us to do? I am sure there will be a good reason!
Old 08-May-2011, 16:44
MotoGP God
Bikes: 848, M620 DD bike

Mood: waiting...
I have avoided this thread sine my girly strop but was pointed here to read Ant's post.

I'm glad you get the point, and seem to clearly understand why and what I am doing getting a TD date in the diary for me and my mates, whom have been discussing a date for some weeks, maybe months. I am not oganising anything tho, simply asked for a discount and collated some info for the best dates. If its only the 8 or 10 of the Hants/Berks regulars who go, that will still be fantatstic.

Its a shame some seem to think its ill thought thru, or with a hint of a side agenda; its not on either case. Of course if some decide to do this, pay the money then the DSC annouce a 2 day event or similar which means they cant go to both and are committed it is awkward. In which cse if it were me I would wait

a few of use at Popham today are booking tomorrow and I'll be posting just a names-booked thread for the dates as it would be nice to know who else is going, no other reason. There will be a few old friends aho are going too who dont get on here any more
Old 08-May-2011, 16:50
Ducati in my Blood
Bikes: 848 Evo Corse SE, Evoluzione 2 ....

Mood: Dementor hunted by Foggy :)
Will be booking tomorrow too .....can't wait, can we go now please

Hants - Meet Popham Airfield every 2nd Sunday of the Month @ 1pm

Ducati Snells of Alton : >>
848 Corse SE Evoluzione 2 : >>
Dementor Site :>>
Sponsor of DD Riders
Old 08-May-2011, 19:42
500SD
Bikes: 996 Bip

Mood: CITIUS EST MELIUS!
Cadwell 4th & 5th July

Hello Bradders,

Good to catch up with you today. I'd be delighted to attend, however checking my calender it clashes with my plans for the Henley Royal Regatta the weekend prior. We have friends to stay over the weekend and I would not be very popular if I pushed them out the door to go to Cadwell

However thanks indeed for asking, and all credit to you for orchestrating the event.

Really sorry I would be able to make it. All being well I'll take part in the DSC trackday later in the summer.

Best regards,

James
Old 09-May-2011, 12:34
Ducati in my Blood
Bikes: 848 Evo Corse SE, Evoluzione 2 ....

Mood: Dementor hunted by Foggy :)
Right who's booked?
Copy and paste

Dementor both days inters

New "Who's booked" thread here http://www.ducatisportingclub.com/sh...ad.php?t=84368

Hants - Meet Popham Airfield every 2nd Sunday of the Month @ 1pm

Ducati Snells of Alton : >>
848 Corse SE Evoluzione 2 : >>
Dementor Site :>>
Sponsor of DD Riders

Last edited by Dementor : 09-May-2011 at 18:55.