Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 12-Jan-2006, 22:52
GTL

Thanks,
Thats if you ride it a normal amount, here we have about 5 months of riding weather. So then the service will be abit cheaper then
I am really just after a rough price, as IF I can save abit then I will wait otherwise I will get it done here in Sweden, But thanks

[Edited on 12-1-2006 by Rick]
Old 12-Jan-2006, 23:05
MotoGP God

Mood: 749 racebike MGP
Quote:
Originally posted by Rick
Thanks,
Thats if you ride it a normal amount, here we have about 5 months of riding weather. So then the service will be abit cheaper then
I am really just after a rough price, as IF I can save abit then I will wait otherwise I will get it done here in Sweden, But thanks

[Edited on 12-1-2006 by Rick]

Rick, servicing is time dependant as well as mileage mate. It's just a case of whichever comes first. Belts are a matter of course really and if it's been sitting, you're doing the right thing in changing them.

You own an R now my son, don't **** around or it will be expensive

GuruTP

PS - Drop Nelly a U2U for a service price.
Old 12-Jan-2006, 23:16
BSB Star

Mood: Has change happened...must of missed it!
Are you Australian Rick?
Old 12-Jan-2006, 23:21
GTL

Thanks TP, I have sent Nelly a u2U
I must be DUMB, I have owned afew Ducati s and always did the service by the miles ???
Ok every year I did the filter and oil thing and the belts every 2 years.
So as I understand, say I have this 1000 miles service that needs to be done, It will be 2 years in June when the motor was rebuilt, I am changing the belts JUST to be on the safe side, So if I have this 1000 mile service to do, are you saying that there is a time frame on all of these services ? Even IF you havent ridden the required miles ?
Now Im confused
, I just wanted a price on a service
Seroiusly , thanks for the feedback
Old 13-Jan-2006, 00:16
Ducati Corse

Rick - if you can get a proper 12,000 mile full service including belts done for £500 then you're not doing too bad - mine cost me £494 at Snells my local dealer in Hampshire. I've heard figures of £650 being the norm, however, Nelly may quote you a different figure.
Old 13-Jan-2006, 00:56
Ducati Corse

Mood: R U thinking what I'm thinking?......Oh dear!
748r 996r & 998r should have belts every 12 months or 6k miles whichever is the sooner. Thats according to the Ducati service schedule.

If you only do 1000 miles but 12 months have gone since the belt change then you need them again.

You might be able to chip a few items off the Schedule for low mileage but thats between you and your service provider!
There are service items on the Chassis such a clutch fluid, fork oil that you might not do on a bike that was 6 months old with 1000 miles on but you would do on a bike with 1000 miles on the engine but the rest of the bike is 4 or 5 years old.

Hope this hasn't added to the confusion.

Is there a confusion between miles and kilometres? A new Ducati normally has its first service from completely new at 1000 kilometres, that about 620 miles??

Ray.

[Edited on 13-1-2006 by Ray]
Old 13-Jan-2006, 08:15
GTL

Quote:
Originally posted by andyb
Are you Australian Rick?
Im half an AUSSIE
Born in New Zealand but moved to Australia when I was 10 and now living in Sweden so Im abit of a mongrel breed
Old 13-Jan-2006, 08:20
GTL

Quote:
Originally posted by Ray
748r 996r & 998r should have belts every 12 months or 6k miles whichever is the sooner. Thats according to the Ducati service schedule.

If you only do 1000 miles but 12 months have gone since the belt change then you need them again.

You might be able to chip a few items off the Schedule for low mileage but thats between you and your service provider!
There are service items on the Chassis such a clutch fluid, fork oil that you might not do on a bike that was 6 months old with 1000 miles on but you would do on a bike with 1000 miles on the engine but the rest of the bike is 4 or 5 years old.

Hope this hasn't added to the confusion.

Is there a confusion between miles and kilometres? A new Ducati normally has its first service from completely new at 1000 kilometres, that about 620 miles??

Ray.

[Edited on 13-1-2006 by Ray]
OH ok, I was just going by what the previous owner told me with regards to the bike needing a service at 1000 miles ? So even though you guys have miles you still work out the service in Km s ? Maybe I should have read the servious book abit better
I am going to my Ducati dealer today so will talk to him but as usual thanks again for your help everyone
Rick
Old 13-Jan-2006, 20:29
BSB Star

Mood: Has change happened...must of missed it!
Quote:
Originally posted by Rick
Quote:
Originally posted by andyb
Are you Australian Rick?
Im half an AUSSIE
Born in New Zealand but moved to Australia when I was 10 and now living in Sweden so Im abit of a mongrel breed
Your allright.....it doesnt show!