Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 22-Dec-2004, 18:18

Crashed Bike - Help!!!!

Hello,

This is firts real contribution to this forum and unfortunaltey it is the bearer of bad news. I recently had a minor lowside on my 748s - Titanium Grey. Long Story short i need the following parts

Nose cone - Headlights, and headlight holder - left wing mirror, left indicator, gear lever, left upper and lower body panels.

Having spoken to ducati south london th parts are going to be about £1000 inc vat exculding labour. Can anyone recmond a dealer where i could get eth parts cheaper - poss second hand or suggest how i could get my hands on the parts myself.

Any help is gratefully receieved!!!!!!!!

Kindest Regards
Old 22-Dec-2004, 18:23
BSB Star

Mood: Soon my pet, soon
Problem here is the model and it's rariety, there was someone on Ebay a while ago selling a full kit for your bike, might be worth checking there first. Most of the standard kit you'll be able to find on Ebay I'd imagine, some stuff like indicators aren't worth bartering over, may as well just buy new for what they cost.

It's the panels etc that will be the hard ones to find, you could get the exiting ones repaired I'd imagine, find yourself a decent painter and go and see what he says before you get sold new panels you don't necessarily need to buy.
Old 22-Dec-2004, 19:13
WSB Hero

Mood: www.cantbearsed.co.uk
The headlights are a steal at that price - I'd contact the seller and see if he'll do a deal for the headlight and red mirrors.

As said above - get a repair quote for the panels first - you might be surprised !!

Tim
Old 22-Dec-2004, 19:53
Big Twin

I'm after those red mirrors!

If I win them, I'll have a pair of black ones available

May have a spare gear lever too (if you have the bolt that attaches it to the footrest).

I'll check in the garage tomorrow AM.

Along with Weeksy's suggestions try

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/DUCATISPARE...enameZl2QQtZkm
Old 23-Dec-2004, 00:35
WSB Hero

Mood: www.cantbearsed.co.uk
There's another pair here;
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...3029 480&rd=1

Tim
Old 23-Dec-2004, 11:04
500SD

Mood: Come on spring!!!
headlight

The tight git wont let the headlight go early and he even edited his post with the info i gave him, been tryin to get hold of a headlight for ages!!
Old 23-Dec-2004, 11:18
Administrator
Webteam
MotoGP God
Bikes: 748S, HM1100S, V4SP, Was: DD-A #111

Mood: Passion Killer
That headlight is not UK spec, so it will fail an MOT and you'll then have to fork out for another...

As the others have said, keep your eye on the usual places like eBay and the well know Ducati breakers - I think Frank (Iconic) has a list somewhere - and maybe stick some wanted ads up too.

The only realy problem is going to be the panels - you may be able to get a decent paint shop to colour match, but as it's a matt finish it is going to be really hard to get it right.
Old 23-Dec-2004, 11:26
500SD

Mood: Come on spring!!!
Headlight

Antonye, do you mean that headlight on ebay is not UK spec??
How do you tell from the pic?
Old 23-Dec-2004, 12:04
Administrator
Webteam
MotoGP God
Bikes: 748S, HM1100S, V4SP, Was: DD-A #111

Mood: Passion Killer
Quote:

Questions from other buyers for this listing
Q: Is the head light unit UK spec? Answered on 22-Dec-04
A: No i don't think so. I' ve just been asked the same question from someone else. I'm selling these for my brother and unable to contact him at the moment but looking at the photo they look to be non uk spec, ie right dip not left. I'm not sure, check the photo and see what you think. Sorry i can't be more definate.

Old 23-Dec-2004, 14:40
Ducati Corse

Mood: R U thinking what I'm thinking?......Oh dear!
Join the DSC and you'll get at least 10% off parts at some ( most or all?) Ducati dealers.

Be careful on ebay that you don't end up paying new retail prices or above anyway and don't forget about the P&P charges.

Worth looking through MCN to see if there is a local panel repairer who micght be able to plastic weld and paint yer panels. Not the same as new but yer pays yer money and makes yer choice.

Ray.