Ducati Sporting Club UK
Race
MotoGP / WSB / BSB / Local racing.
*** WARNING*** May contain race results!!

Old 25-Jul-2006, 17:01
DSC Club Member
WSB Hero

You're absolutely right mate. It's about the same cost (based on 3 sharing ) but you get 2 hours in the seat

I may be joining you next season (or this season), but I can't say too much. You know how it is
Old 25-Jul-2006, 21:50
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: What a wonderful world.
£1000? Right, I need to find some friends...
Old 25-Jul-2006, 22:29
DSC Club Member
WSB Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonio600
£1000? Right, I need to find some friends...

You only need 2 friends

As Mike says, it will cost about the same as a DD race weekend & trackday (each) but you get 2 hours track time.

You just need to hope that your new friends don't crash the bike before your turn to ride it!!

That is £1000 down the toilet + crash damage

I think Kapital Moto should sponsor you £10,000 to go endurance racing
Old 25-Jul-2006, 22:38
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: What a wonderful world.
It's a pity it's so expensive... I'll give it a try when I'm back in France, the Ducati Club de France runs a few Ducati endurance races each year.
Old 25-Jul-2006, 23:26
Ducati Corse

Mood: Tad more confident
Mike I think what Dom was refering to is the fact that, You will be using a couple of sets of tyres, (slicks/corsa's,etc. Being an endurance race is just that. Its hard on the bike and its hard on the riders. When riders get tired they loose concentration and fall off, more expensive. If its tracktime for £'s your looking for you are better off joining Hottrax riders club. £1500 this year, limitations only on how many weekends you do.
Old 26-Jul-2006, 07:32
Big Twin
Bikes: 996 race bike

Mood: Almost over it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by domski
I think Kapital Moto should sponsor you £10,000 to go endurance racing

And if everyone goes and clicks on those Google adverts on Kapital Moto, about 23 billion times, there's a pretty good chance of Tonio getting such sponsorship.......
Old 26-Jul-2006, 09:07
888 at Last !!!

Mood: Hopefull
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon
Mike I think what Dom was refering to is the fact that, You will be using a couple of sets of tyres, (slicks/corsa's,etc. Being an endurance race is just that. Its hard on the bike and its hard on the riders. When riders get tired they loose concentration and fall off, more expensive. If its tracktime for £'s your looking for you are better off joining Hottrax riders club. £1500 this year, limitations only on how many weekends you do.

Ah but it's not racing.
A strange thing happened last night my, son had pulled out an old Bike mag '2004' to get some insurance company phone numbers. I picked it up not knowing it was 2 years old. There was an article on Team Bike doing Pembry in the KRC 6 hour endurance race (thinking this may be an option for us 10th sept). They only did one tyre change. 'GSXR 750' they came 11th overall and 2nd in class. I know the results are unrealistic to expect but the tyre usage should be about the same I would have thought. Spooky though

Mike

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit