Ducati Sporting Club UK
Race
MotoGP / WSB / BSB / Local racing.
*** WARNING*** May contain race results!!

Old 31-Aug-2006, 01:48
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Pembrey prep

Following on from the trackdays at Cadwell I came back with a few things I need ed to do to the bikes before taking them to Pembrey this weekend to race in the North Glos Minitwins championship.

The 750SSie behaved perfectly on the trackdays but I decided it would be nice to try the bars below the top yoke. I had been thinking of this for a while but had heard stories of the wider SSie tank getting in the way. But then at the trackday Eric did it to his and was pleased with the result,he kindly let me sit on the bike and try the new bar postion and I found the tank wasn't a problem.
So I got hold of a set of Harris clip-ons with the customary longer bars and with a small step up(5mm or so) so the bar isn't fully below the bottom yoke, I also place a 3mm thick spacer/washer under the top yoke to raise it slightly.
The result of which is a riding position close to my DD bike, with full lock still available without any fouling and no modifying of Mastercylinder reservoir brackets or anything else.
Looking forward to trying this setup at the weekend.

As for the 620 Class A bike, it suffered from a immense amount of clutch slip at Cadwell as well as a small oil leak from the oil prewssure switch..
Off came the clutch casing, the switch was replaced and then the clutch plates were removed. All looked like new, there was no discolouration of the steel plates and all the friction plates were in a very healthy condition.
So I resorted to the same method of curing the slip as I did with the 750s clutch. Out came two of the stand steel plates and 3 odf the standard springs to be replaced with 916 bits which again consisted of one dished steel plate (spring plate) one 2mm steel plate and 3 of the shorter but stiffer clutch springs.
I'll know if its done the trick when I take it out in practice at Pembrey.

Dallas has hopefully cured his misfire that he suffered at the trackday which side-lined his 996 Corse late into the first day. The Diagnostic gear provided by the guys from Moto Rapido pointed to a RPM sensor. Turned out it was the Tacho wire shorting out on the back of the dash, the insulation covering the end of it had come off and causing it to short out. Its not used on Dallas's bike as he runs a Scitsu Tacho that picks up a induced signal off the HT leads.

Just heard my mate Rob Jones will also be at Pembrey with his 748 and Wilf is going to be there on his 853RS. Simon Knowlson intends to be there but not racing as he is still recovering from breaking his leg at Castle Combe when the crank on his 748RS snapped. Should also see Deano and Tom Luton on the Louigi Moto bikes there as well as 2nd in the Sot Championship Chris Richardson on his 999
Not sure who I will be competeing against in Minitwins but as they share the grid with the SoT guys I have quite a few bikes in front of me to chase after

Can the whole of the UK be bathed in Sunshine this weekend so we can all have a good weekend racing

Checkout the Desmo Due Paddock on Facebook
Old 31-Aug-2006, 02:24
Deceased 02/10/2010 - R.I.P.
Ducati Corse

Mood: NGRRC Minitwins champion 2007
I hope it hoses down cos I can't be there as previously mentioned.
Old 31-Aug-2006, 02:52
Big Twin

Mood: renegade sexy racer
Good luck with the bar position skids, seeing Phil2 and chris woods bikes finally convinced me to go for the change. Hope it works for you, I'm sure it will.
The Two days at Cadwell without the pressure of either learning a new track or having to race the next day allowed me to experiment rather than go with what I had. Tried some different gearing as well, will see how I go at the weekend with it. Still managed to visit the grass on Three occasions with the new set up but Cadwell wouldn't be Cadwell for me without some grass tracking. By using the standad bars underneath the headstock I couldn't get the forks as far through as they were before by 10mm. That means the geometry is back to Standish. I am going to lift the rear a little as the steering feels different and slower, It steers hard on the gas, which is fine until you get in toooooo hot and try to scrub a bit off at which point it heads for the grass Overall It feels much better. I don't know about the lap times yet but much more enjoyable with the hands low and the Ass up
whats the saying if it feels right it is right. Now it feels right.
Old 31-Aug-2006, 09:47
MotoGP God

Quite right Eric if it feels right, you have more confidence and go faster, well thats the theory.
The forks in my 750SSie have always been in the standard position, but the ride height adjuster on the Ohlins rear shock is set to max, which does cause a few problems for a me at my height as I have trouble swinging my leg over the seat hump when getting off the bike.

Nige if I get wet I'm blaming you !!

Old 31-Aug-2006, 09:59
Deceased 02/10/2010 - R.I.P.
Ducati Corse

Mood: NGRRC Minitwins champion 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by skidlids

Nige if I get wet I'm blaming you !!

Sorry Kev! I have the hump attm not being able to afford to race due to previously mentioned domestic mechanical/electrical carnage!
Old 31-Aug-2006, 11:34
Big Twin

Mood: Hmmm Conference season
Kev its in wales, Your bound to get wet.
HMM Im sur your prep used to be get enough KFC to last the whole weekend...

LOL
Old 31-Aug-2006, 11:51
Administrator
Webteam
MotoGP God
Bikes: 748S, HM1100S, V4SP, Was: DD-A #111

Mood: Passion Killer
Quote:
Originally Posted by skidlids
...which does cause a few problems for a me at my height as I have trouble getting my leg over...

I'm sure there are pills you can take for that; I'll forward on some of the emails that I keep getting about them...

I'd rather die peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather,
than screaming in terror like his passengers.- Jim Harkins

Ducati 748S | Ducati Hypermotard 1100S | Ducati Panigale V4 SP #876 | 600-620SS DesmoDue Racebike #111 <-- Sold!!
Old 31-Aug-2006, 14:26
MotoGP God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter916
Kev its in wales, Your bound to get wet.
HMM Im sur your prep used to be get enough KFC to last the whole weekend...

LOL

not with the meals served in the Pembrey clubhouse, very good quallity and value. not unkown for us to have breakfast, lunch and diner in there.

This equivalent weekend last year was lovely sunshine.

Antony just let me have some of your supply

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit