Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 29-Jul-2009, 15:47

First post - 748 Sprocket!

Hey everyone,
I've only just come across this site, I am a member on a couple of other Ducati sites but was hoping you may be able to help?

My rear sprocket on my 97 748 has spat 2 teeth, although my chain and front sprocket look absolutely fine. So I intended on just renewing the rear sprocket... called ducati and £165!!!!!! what!!

I'm also not really up for spending upwards of £100 on a renthal/afam/talon carrier and quick change sprocket, just looking for something to replace my standard one (which is a 37T). Dont mind if its a 38..

Can anyone point me the right direction?

Thanks
Tony
Old 29-Jul-2009, 16:00
Ducati Corse

Mood: Bloo and Yellow.. and Red now ;)
B&C do pattern steels... still £70 or so plus VAT though
Old 29-Jul-2009, 20:17
Mille
Bikes: Ducati MS1200 & 916 track bike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Messer
Hey everyone,
I've only just come across this site, I am a member on a couple of other Ducati sites but was hoping you may be able to help?

My rear sprocket on my 97 748 has spat 2 teeth, although my chain and front sprocket look absolutely fine. So I intended on just renewing the rear sprocket... called ducati and £165!!!!!! what!!

I'm also not really up for spending upwards of £100 on a renthal/afam/talon carrier and quick change sprocket, just looking for something to replace my standard one (which is a 37T). Dont mind if its a 38..

Can anyone point me the right direction?

Thanks
Tony

Tony,

I have one (38T I think) that only had about 1000miles on it when I replaced it with a Renthal. Happy to post it out to you for £30 inc P&P

Regards,

Andy O
Old 29-Jul-2009, 22:00

hi andy thats great i'll drop you my details tomorrow. Cheers
Old 30-Jul-2009, 00:45
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Mood: MT Meglomaniac
Don't wanna **** on yer chips mate but I've tried to do the cheapo replacement bit on a worn set of sprockets before. Put a 'new' low mileage rear sprocket on without replacing the chain at the same time and the shagged chain ate the new rear sprocket inside 500 miles

The Patent Jools Mood Meter -Today I am:

___________^
Old 30-Jul-2009, 21:39
Mille
Bikes: Ducati MS1200 & 916 track bike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jools
Don't wanna **** on yer chips mate but I've tried to do the cheapo replacement bit on a worn set of sprockets before. Put a 'new' low mileage rear sprocket on without replacing the chain at the same time and the shagged chain ate the new rear sprocket inside 500 miles

Tony,

Up to you, but if you are concerned about what Jools has said, I actually have the chain and front sprocket as well. They were all put on and came off together - as I had to go for a longer chain to accomodate the larger rear sprocket I had installed. You will need to get hold of a new soft link though. Not really sure what it is worth, drop me a PM with your details and let me know which way you want to go.

Andy
Old 30-Jul-2009, 22:31

PM Sent :-)