Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 22-Jun-2006, 23:22
500SD

Mood: YELLOW!!!
Thumbs up 748 Back From Service

I picked up the 748 from Tecmoto yesterday after its 12,000 miler and some other work - I also had 50mm Termis and a new chain and sprockets fitted. I was very lucky with the rockers issue, with only one showing any signs of flaking and Mitch very kindly replaced it free of charge with a good SH rocker he happened to have on the shelf, so that was a result.

The rear sprocket was replaced with a 40T, so with that mod and the Termis it really flies now and it also sounds absolutely awesome It turns out that the TPS is playing up, so the bike is still a bit unpleasant at low revs and putting the power on in slower corners is a bit hit and miss, which rather affects the handling, but that'll be sorted in the next few weeks.

Mitch was a real star as I kept changing the date when I wanted the bike back (asap, then first week in July, then asap again), yet he still managed to have it ready and MOT'd at very short notice after I put my Z750 out of action last Saturday by riding off with the disclock on

Happy bunny

Last edited by zhed44 : 22-Jun-2006 at 23:28.
Old 23-Jun-2006, 14:28
Montjuic

Mood: Saving
Hi mate , just out of intrest how much is a TPS?
Old 23-Jun-2006, 15:23
Administrator
Webteam
MotoGP God
Bikes: 748S, HM1100S, V4SP, Was: DD-A #111

Mood: Passion Killer
Quote:
Originally Posted by wato39
Hi mate , just out of intrest how much is a TPS?

I think they're just under £100 a piece, hence living with it is always a good solution!

I'd rather die peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather,
than screaming in terror like his passengers.- Jim Harkins

Ducati 748S | Ducati Hypermotard 1100S | Ducati Panigale V4 SP #876 | 600-620SS DesmoDue Racebike #111 <-- Sold!!